did you know that i loved you~rafe

a/n:

this is based off a line maddy said in euphoria "did you know that i loved you? im not talking about obsession, fighting, fucking, im talking about love."

~~

Me and my boyfriend- ex boyfriend of almost two years broke up yesterday.

Me and Rafe had been dating for almost two whole years but I had found out he had been cheating on me, for a couple months in the first year we dated, and the again with the same girl a couple months ago.

I knew it was a long time ago but the fact that he did it again and with the same girl really upset me.

I had found out a week ago, which is also when I broke up with him.

Me and Rafe had planned a trip to Europe for my birthday, like a little getaway for the both of us. Obviously after the break up, we had to cancel the tickets.

I didn't really have any plans for the day since I had planned to be out of town for the week so I spent the day alone, until my friends found out that I was spending it alone, and immediately came over.

My best friends ever were Kiara and Sarah. They were also a part of a bigger friend group that consisted of them and three other guys but I never actually hung out with the guys before. They didn't really get along with Rafe and I didn't want to upset him.

If I didn't like somebody I wouldn't want him going and hanging out with them.

Today, when and Sarah and Kie found out I was alone on my birthday they immediately told me they were coming over.

There was a knock on the door, which my mom opened and yelled, "Honey, Your friends are here!" "You can send them up!" I said.

My bedroom door opened and Sarah and Kiara walked in, what I didn't expect was for Pope, John B, and JJ to walk in behind them.

"Hey.." I spoke. "Happy birthday!" They all said. "Thank you.." I smiled.

"Sorry we haven't actually ever hung out but Kie and Sarah told us it was your birthday and so we came to say happy birthday." Said JJ. "Oh um thank you." I gave him a smile.

"I thought you were supposed to be with my brother in Europe?" asks Sarah. I shook my head 'no', she waits for me to explain.

"I-we broke up a week ago." I said. "Why? As much as I hate Rafe, you guys were like really cute together." Kiara says.

"I- he cheated on me multiple times with the same fucking girl." I said. "Shit." John b said.

"That's honestly typical, I am not surprised Rafes such an asshole." said JJ. "JJ!" Kiara said, giving him a look.

"Its okay, I-I know." I said.

"Im so sorry Y/n." sarah says, with a sympathetic, look on her face. "Its okay, really I'm fine." I smiled.

I spent the rest of the night with everyone, getting to know them, and just hanging out, smiling for the first time, since me, and
Rafe broke up.

That night I realized the three boys were actually really nice and I didn't understand why Rafe made me stay away from them.

All night they tried to make me smile with their stupid jokes and make me forget about the breakup which actually worked for awhile.

We ended up going to John B's and getting drunk, the next morning I had a bitch of a hangover so I thanked them for bringing my birthday around, and then went to little shop go get breakfast.

When I walked in I looked up at the menu but turned and saw him.

Rafe looked back at me and we made eye contact. I got nervous, I didn't want to speak to him so I practically ran out of the store.

I took a deep breath once I made it out of the store.

I started to walk over to my car but I heard a similar voice.

"Y/N!" he yelled.

Fuck.

I turned around and faced reality. "Hm?" I said. Rafe walked over and lightly smiled. "Happy late birthday.. I tried to wish you yesterday but I think you blocked me.." He said.

"Mhm yeah, thanks." I spoke. "I-I have my birthday gift for you in the car. I bought it awhile ago and cant return it." He said.

"Give it to Izzy." I spoke bitterly, referring to the girl he cheated on me with.

"Y/n please I said I was sorry- and i'll say it again im so so so so fucking sorry. I regret it I feel like shit if I could go back in time and not do it I would!" He said.

"Rafe sorry doesn't fix the fact that our almost two years of dating had gone down the drain because you felt the need to get your dick wet!" I spoke.

"God I don't know what else to say? Im sorry, I regret it, what else is there to do you wanna slap me or something?" He says.

"No- well yes- yes I do but I wont!" I say. "Do it- just- take your anger out." He spoke.

"Fuck you Rafe!" Then I did slap him. I instantly felt back once I saw his cheek go red.

"I-im sorry I didn't mean to I-Im sorry." I spoke. "No stop. You're not allowed to say sorry I deserved that." He said.

"I just-did you know that I loved you? I'm not talking about obsession, fighting, fucking, im talking about love." By the end of my words there were tears threatening to fall down my cheeks, my lips started trembling.

Rafe moved his hand up to my face to wipe away the tears but I pushed his hand away.

"Y/n please I- I love you so much I'm really sorry, you can slap me again, you can have money, I-" I interrupted him.

"I dont want to hurt you Rafe! And I dont want your fucking money! I dont want anything from you! I know you're sorry I know you regret it but you need to know thats not good enough for me. We can't change the past and thats okay but now we need to distance our selfs from each other." I said.

"Y/n Please-" I interrupted him, "No Rafe, you please stop."

"I love you, I do but I cant be in a relationship with you, or any of that shit." I didn't let him say anything back as I quickly got in to my car.