pain~rafe

a/n: this is about self harm so if you're not comfortable reading this dont :)

i got the idea from an episode of ginny and gorgia so if you haven't finished it dont read this cuz spoilers.

y/n's pov:

i was sitting the bed, in the bedroom i shared with rafe. we had gotten married 3 months ago and i couldn't love him more.

i was scrolling on instagram, when rafe walked in. "show me." he says.

"what?" i say. he throws my journal on to the bed.  it was a journal i used to write about personal stuff, one that i hid in the closet so he wouldn't see it.

"i was looking for a tie and found this,  i didn't mean to snoop but when i read the first page i couldn't stop" he says.

"i-im sorry." i whisper, my lip started to tremble, it was taking everything in me not to burst out crying from embarrassment and disappointment in myself.

"y/n i wanna see." he says. "no." i say. "if you are hurting yourself i want to see how bad it is y/n i want to help you!" he says. "i dont need help rafe!" i yell.

"take off your pants and just show me!" he says. "no!" i say.

he walks over to me but i stop him. "im not comfortable with that." i say. "ive seen your legs before baby- fuck we're married whats to hide?!" he says.

"rafe- please." i say. "y/n.. please." he says.

i sigh before taking off my pants, showing him my inner thighs that had burn marks on them. "how-how have i never noticed this before-shit baby im sorry-im so sorry." he say as his eyes widen and become glossy.

"please dont cry rafe." i say as i wipe my tears.

"i-i hate seeing you in pain and when-when you purposefully bring that shit upon yourself- that shit stings." he says as he very quickly wipes his watery eyes.

"i-i have been doing everything to protect you-make sure you are happy and shit and then this- just fuck why? what happened? did i do something?" he says.

"no-no rafe please dont blame yourself, its not you, i swear you're the voice in my head telling me its wrong every time i do it." i say.

he cups my face and kisses my head. "im so sorry." he whispers. "i-i just- i cant take this" i cry as i wipe my eyes.

"y/n you-you dont hold everything inside you tell me- tell me everything and make it my pain, not yours, i can take it-fuck id take everything for you!" he says as he wraps his arms around me.

i hug him tightly. "i know rafe- i love you im sorry- its really not you i swear- i promise." i say.

"i love you so much y/n- i just- my sweet girl how could you do this to yourself i don't understand!" he says.

"im sorry rafe!" i say. "stop saying that- god please." he says.

"talk to me baby. please." he says. "i will- i will rafe i promise- i-thank you."

a/n: sorry this is so short i just got the idea and did it real quick.