Goodbyes are hard~Rafe

a/n:
in this rafe & you are 17 are whezzie is 9

~~~

Me and Rafe broke up a couple days ago. I had to move towns and I knew long distance would kill us both, so it would be better if I ended things.

I didn't expect him to to act the way he did, I prayed he would be understanding, but the way his voice cracked when he tried not to get emotional, and he turned around so I wouldn't see his eyes water killed me, but I tried to stay strong.

I was so upset with my parents I begged then to let me stay in the Outer Banks, I mean I grew up here.

All my friends were here, and Rafe. But I guess I understood that I was still a minor and couldn't stay alone.

I was packing my clothes, Rafes hoodie practically swallowed me whole as I tried not to be to upset.

The music from my phone got cut off when it started ringing from a random number.

I picked up the phone and pressed it to my ear. "Hello, whos this?" I asked. "Um.. Whezzie." She spoke.

"Whezzie? Hey love how are you?" I asked. "I-I'm okay but.. why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" I heard her sniffle and the pure hurt in her voice.

"Wheez.. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I wouldn't leave if I didn't have to, I really don't want to." I said.

"Rafe is really sad. I went to his room 'n he-he was so sad!" She cried. "I know, I am upset to Whezzie, I'm sorry I really don't wanna leave, I love you and Rafe, and I feel so bad." I said. "I love you to." She sniffled.

"Can-can you at least come say bye to me?" She asked. "Of course I can, I-I'll come right now, okay?" I said. "Okay." She said.

"Bye, Whezzie." I said. "Bye."

I felt so terrible. I didn't realize what impact this would leave on other people I was so busy thinking about myself.

I got in my car and drove to the Camerons. I didn't knock, I just opened the door and ran to Whezzies room.

I opened her bedroom door and she got up and hugged me. "Hi whezzie." I let out a sigh as I wrapped my arms around the girl.

"Hi." She cried out. "Please don't cry love, I will come back, I'll visit you." I said. "You promise?" She asks. "I pinky promise." I said as we pulled apart, and i pointed out my pinky.

She shook pinkys with me, and nodded her head.

Within a minute, the door opens again, and Rafe walks in.

He looked tired, like he had just gotten out of bed yet somehow so good.

"I thought I heard your voice..." He said. "Rafe.." I said.

"Don't just stand there, go hug him." Whezzie slightly pushed me, making both me and Rafe crack a smile.

I walked towards Rafe, and when I got close enough we both wrapped our arms around each other, tightly.

I rested my head on his chest and He rested his in the crook of my neck.

"I-you guys can talk in my room." Whezzie left her own bedroom, shutting the door on her way out.

"As bad as this sounds, I was hoping I wouldn't see you again, saying goodbye is way fucking harder then it seems." He spoke. "I know." I spoke to the ground.

"Rafe I-Im really sorry." My voice cracked as I let out a cry. I tried to not cry in front of Whezzie but I really couldn't help myself anymore.

"Hey-don't cry, I know it's not your choice, okay? I know." He says as he rubs my back comfortingly.

"I'm so sorry, I wish I could stay, I really do!" I spoke. "I know, so do I, baby, so do I." He said as we pull away from the hug.

He wipes my tears away with his thumbs and I felt like I was hyperventilating as I tried to speak, my words coming out as sobs.

"D-do y-you want your h-hoo-odie back?" I cried. "No-no-no-no, sweetheart I want you to have it, I need you to keep it. Now please stop crying, I was just starting to be normal about shit and this is making it so hard." He said.

"M'sorry." I tried to wipe away my tears.

I loved this man so much I truly didn't know how I would live without him.

We stayed quiet for a couple minutes, I just tried to stop crying and Rafe cupped my face in his hands, kissing my head.

"I-I know this might sound stupid and you-you can laugh at me but what if.. what if we tried-" He interrupted me. "Long distance?" He said.

I nodded my head slowly.

"I was hoping you would say that. I would really love it. I mean yes, it's ganna be hard, but I couldn't give a shit. I mean I'll come visit you, and I know you'll come here, since all you're friends are here." He said.

I smiled as I placed a kiss on his lips. "We can make it work." I said, mainly trying to convince myself. "We fucking better." He said as he kissed me once more.

a/n:
another draft i completed