Chapter 25

My pov

After saying you're thank you to Mikey, you walked into the school. everyone was stunned to see the 'outcast' that would wear baggy clothes and masks look so damn gorgeous, and then there's the fact that Manjiro Sano was flirting with you. You felt uncomfortable but knew this was the better side for you, so why not enjoy it while it lasts? You saw people stare at you as you made your way towards your class, as you slowly opened and then closed the door, you turned your head and your soul about left your body. You saw that you weren't the only person in the classroom, you were late but assumed no one would be in the art room since it was only you and a few other kids, but they don't come until after the bell rings. You felt your body grow cold and your breath becoming thicker every second you spent looking into angry eyes "I guess it's about time you get out of the great Mikeys pants, we've been waiting for a while y/n l/l. we haven't been able to talk for a bit, let's change that~" the girl said as she and her friends came closer, you felt your body give up as she came closer. Tears started to pile up and your lips pierced together 'Are you just going to let them have their way?' the voices are normal to you, they always have something to say, but this was different. Instead of multiple voices that break you down and make you feel worthless, this one was a solo, soft, motivational voice 'Get up... and fight, Manjiro isn't here right now, save yourself!' the voice grew louder, rage and irritation started building up deep inside you, it was like there was something eating you on the inside, deep down you knew its always been there, but you've never felt it so hungry for revenge. flashbacks of coming home covered in your own blood were enough to make you want to scream in agony and anger, tears left your eyes, but they've never felt so hot. They drenched your face that was scrunched up by anger, you felt your body tighten, and that's when you heard her voice, not the motivational voice from before, this was her voice 'My sweet baby girl, you must never hurt someone, you're better than that, violence is what led to me in this situation... you must never hurt another human being, no matter what...' your mother said as she lay there on her death bed, your face that was once filled with anger was now released in confusion 'What should I do?' you knew you were overwhelming yourself. The girls came closer and you didn't move, one of them landed a hard hit across your face, it was enough to make you fall sideways onto the floor with blood spilling out of your mouth. Another tried to kick your ribs but you quickly stood up and the sudden loss of contact made the girl fall on her back and smack her head against the wood. all of a sudden the wind shot out of your body as you felt hard knuckles collide with your upper stomach, you felt more blood spill from your mouth and you crouched down to try and calm the pain "How sad, is that all you could do?! little bitch!" the words only fed your anger, for the first time you didn't focus of defeat and pain, you focused on fury. "Stupid little slut!-" 

your pov

she fell, I didn't know what happened. I saw her on the floor with blood waterfalling out of her nose, it filled me with joy if I'm being honest. I looked down and saw my hands bloody, and my eyes shot back at the group "Say it again..." My body automatically started walking towards them, and the girls started scooting away from me "I said... say it again!" I stomped my foot on the girl's stomach while her nose was still bathed in crimson liquid. One of the girls tried throwing a fist at me, I moved back and grabbed the back of her neck, bringing it down fast, and slammed my knee into her face. Another nose that has been covered in blood, I saw the other girl try to run out of the door but I grabbed the back of her hair and threw her onto the floor with the rest of them "I'm tired of being a punching bag for all of you assholes, I don't need Toman to protect me anymore. all they did was help me see how much I can protect myself, you going to get the hell out of this class and fix yourself up. Tell anyone... and even Manjiro won't be able to save you..." 

All of the girls ran out while holding anything on their bodies that hurt, you stood there alone, to them you were a girl with human strength, but for you... you felt like a monster. All of this was slow and painful for them, but for you, it went like a blink of an eye. One minute you are just a girl trying to be a better version of herself, but once you look again... you are covered in blood, and people running out of the class scared of you. You didn't have control over this action, you felt guilt and pain crawl up you almost making you want to puke until it all went away, your knees gave out and you sat there sobbing "I didn't mean it... I'm so sorry... I'm not a monster I swear..." you mumbled to yourself as the tears mixed with the nearly dry blood on the floor. You were so deep in your mind that you could hear the person enter the door "I'm not... a monster... I didn't mean to hurt you..." you felt a hand softly touch your shoulder, you stayed still for a minute before slowly turning your head to see who was there, you're ended up being face to face with Mitsuya "Taka...shi?..." your voice rose and fell as you tried to speak without crying, but the situation already looked bad enough so you didn't hold back your tears. you quickly turned and flew into his strong arms and let your body give out to the pain you've been hiding for a while. The pain you felt, wasn't just the fight that happened today, it wasn't just the father-daughter relationship you have, it wasn't the mask and clothes, it wasn't even just running away, it was feeling like you betraying everyone in Toman because you can't seem to love just one person... it was all of those feelings, everything you felt can't be bottled up anymore, just seeing Mitsuyas face made you finally break and become free from hidden scars that were too deep to be hidden any longer. Your tears fell onto his neat cotton shirt but he didn't seem to care, all he did was wrap his arms around you and hold you as you continued to break down. 

"Y/n, I don't know what happened... but just know... I trust you, and I will always be there for you..."