Chapter 42

Chifuyu didn't know how to react; he wanted to kiss her and hold her. He couldn't speak, he didn't know where this came from. Y/n still had her arms wrapped around the male and her face rested on his back. Chifuyu almost thought she was sleeping, she looked so at peace. Y/n didn't know what the problem was with Chifuyu and South, but she knew everything would work out. At least, she hoped it would. Chifuyu saw the shop and drove to the back where only workers could go. As he parked, he realized y/n didn't let go right away. He knew she wasn't asleep, but he still didn't know what was going on. "Y/n, where here" but she didn't move right away. "Chifuyu...," He waited for the rest of her words, worried about what they would be. "South..., was he there because of me? Don't lie either" Chifuyu didn't know what to say, he didn't know if it was right to tell her right now. He had the command to, but why now? "Y/n, I think we should go inside first" He didn't want to make her sad or disappointed, but he couldn't do this alone. At least Kazutora and Baji would be there to help him. Y/n wasn't disappointed, or sad though."(chuckle) If you say so, sorry about that. I'm sure everything will be fine, I trust Toman with my life!" Chifuyu looked over to see Y/n still holding onto him, but her face was showing off the brightest smile that he loved so much. He couldn't help but smile at her, y/n got off and stretched a little. Chifuyu got off and started to walk to the door, and y/n followed. "You ready to see a whole building of fur?" y/n was very in love with animals, and she happily nodded. Chifuyu opened the door and they instantly heard barking, to Chifuyu's surprise, y/n ran passed him into the building. He had no idea how she was that fast, but he chased her. The dogs were in their canals. Chifuyu couldn't find where his little lover went until he saw some dogs in the corner trying to get closer to a shadow. He laughed a little and walked to the wall and pecked over. He was overwhelmed with cuteness and pulled out his phone to take multiple pictures. Y/n found herself in the play area where the puppies were and was looking at them. Then she was leaning over the play pin and reached for the puppies at the botto, giving Chifuyu a few seconds to look away, picked a few up and sat on the ground and played with them. Chifuyu adored the sight in front of him 'I guess this was the perfect spot to fall for her even more'. He decided he had enough pictures of her for now and walked away from his hiding place. "I see you found trouble" Chifuyu recalled talking about the puppies "Sorry for running off, but look! They're the cutest!" although Chifuyu agreed with her about the puppies being cute, he had to disagree with her about them being the cutest. He sat next to her "This is Willy, he's 3 months old. This is Dala, she's 5 months" He pointed out all of the animals that y/n wished to know "Chifuyu, this one has a missing leg..." He looked over to see who she was looking at this time, and his heart dropped once he saw the look on her face. "Y/n... hes okay, I proimise. He lost his leg to abusive owners, but he's strong" He sat down next to her once again, and her spirits were lifted a little bit. "How long has he been here?..." Chifuyu didn't want to answer her "Fuyu?..." Chifuyu sighed. "Y/n, sometimes dogs aren't seen as valuable, it's hard for me and the guys to see that. But we can only do so much, he is crippled and dogs like that are hard to look after. he's already been through a lot, without the right attention and love, he could have mental problems and it could cost a lot" Y/n felt bad for the dog "and... what if he doesn't get adopted?" Chifuyu looked away from the dog and back at her, she now knew the answer. "He's going to have to be put down on September 8th, 4 months from now" Y/n held the tears back, Chifuyu knew how hard it was to see dogs like this. "We're still trying, y/n" Y/n looked over at Chifuyu, and he looked back. "Kazutora, Baji, and I are going to find him a good home. So don't you worry about it, okay?" his smile made all of y/n's worries go away, and she smiled back. "I'll trust you, Matsuno Chifuyu" Chifuyu smiled at her and stared at her. Neither of them found the motivation to look away, and Y/n stared right back at him. Chifuyu was in a daze and his eyes trailed from her dark, silky eyes, down to her rose-glistened lips. Y/n followed his emerald eyes and almost chuckled at his silent request, she decided to help him speak. Y/n teasingly smirked to symbolize that she knew what he was thinking, but Chifuyu didn't break his focus. "Chifuyu, what are you thinking about?" she teasingly remarked, Chifuyus's eyes slowly trailed back up from her lips to her eyes, but only to make another silent request through his actions. He brought his palm to his cheek and his thumb followed the pattern of placing itself onto y/ns lips; but he never looked away from those raven black eyes. Y/n was waiting to see his next move, she wanted him to give in to her. Chifuyu leaned in, and y/n exhaled softly. Rossy lips were ever so close to touching one another "Chifuyu!-" Y/n and Chifuyu quickly pulled away from each other right before their lips touched. Baji came in and stopped in his tracks at the sight of the two "Am I interrupting something?..." Baji looked down at the two. Y/n and Chifuyu just looked at Baji and slightly smiled "If you are gonna do the dirty then there's a back room over there, don't do it here. Especially in front of dogs! They will be riled up for weeks!" Chifuyu burst into a blush and quickly stood up. "we weren't having sex!" Chifuyu yelled, which caused Kazutora to come in "You were about to!" Baji replied looking down at y/n. Y/n was staring at the 2 as they argued, but Baji was looking at her most of the time until Chifuyus yelled at him to stop looking at her. After a few videos, Kazutora broke up the two by pulling them by their hair until they were arm's length apart. "Don't fight in front of Y/n, damn idiots" Baji and Chifuyu didn't protest. Kazutora walked away, with Baji's hair still in his hand "No! He's gonna get her all to himself!" Baji said as he was getting dragged away "Leave them alone, Chifuyu would never make a move. Don't worry too much" Chifuyu was obviously annoyed by Kazutora's comment, but decided to ignore it. He walked back to y/n, who was still on the floor, and held his hand out. Y/n grabbed it and got up, Chifuyu didn't hesitate to say his next words. "I want to take you somewhere" and with that, they were back outside on his bike. Chifuyu quickly started the engine and started to drive away from the building, Baji ran outside to see why Chifuyu was driving away from work "Kazutora! now he's gonna take her somewhere and do the dirty! we have to save her!" Kazutora ran out to see the last of Y/n's hair flowing in the wind before they disappeared down the hill. "Well look at that, he really did make a move..." Baji yelled at him saying it was his fault (HIS fault) for dragging him away in the first place. A few miles away, Chifuyu and Y/n drive to an unknown location. "Chifuyu, where are we going?" y/n asked, but he didng answer right away. Instead, he gave her an idea of why they were going. 

"I don't want my dreams to come true with you at a run-down pet shop... I want our kiss to be somewhere you'll never forget"