Chapter 41

Y/n knew she heard that name from somewhere 'South?' she kept thinking about it in her head, where had she heard it from? "Y/n, come with me. Get away from him" Chifuyu tried to be as calm as possible with her, but he was visibly terrified of South. Y/n looked back at South, who was already looking down at her, and hesitantly stepped back. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew he was dangerous. She turned around and ran towards him; Chifuyu ran towards her and wrapped his arms around her. Y/n was worried about him, he was shaking. What worried her most was the words that came next "Go on the bike and start the engine, if something goes wrong..." She held her breath as Chifuyu's suffocating hug didn't wane "Text the rest of Toman the address and tell them it's time..." Chifuyu let go of Y/n, but she wasn't ready to have his warmth leave her body. She wanted to protect him somehow, at least keep him away from danger. Y/n turned around and grabbed his hand with tears daring to run down her face "Wait!..." Chifuyu stopped for a minute but didn't turn back. "I'll be fine, I promise" he walked away once more. he could only feel his fingers slide past Y/n's, but he didn't look back. Y/n didn't know what was going on, but she trusted him. She got onto the bike and started the engine, she had her phone out and was ready to tell the rest of Toman what was happening. She watched as Chifuyu got up to the large man, she couldn't hear them at all. However, she knew the suspense was enough to make Chifuyu tense. The conversation between the two men didn't last long, South was walking away first. From what Y/n could tell, the last of South's words were enough to have Chifuyu nightmares. He finally got out of his daze and started to walk back to the bike, y/n reacted and got off the bike. She wanted to comfort him, she ran. Chifuyu, who was still caught up in his daze about South's words, couldn't hear her coming. He didn't know she was running his way until she tackled him with hugs and tears. Both landed on the floor with y/n on top of him with arms wrapped around his neck and her face right next to his. Chifuyus's first reaction was to try to calm down because y/n was on top of him, but it was then that he felt tears run down his neck from her eyes. "Y/n?" he only got choked up sobs in response, he sighed and sat up more to hug her waist. "Everything going to be okay, it was just a little bit of business" he ran his fingers through her hair to try and calm her, and it worked. Y/n pulled away and wiped her eyes with her sleeve, she brought her hands down to her knees. Chifuyu laughed as soon as he saw her face, Y/n didn't know why. She brought her fingers up to her face to see what was wrong, once she looked at what was on her hands she couldn't help but hide her face. "Y/n, it's not that bad" Chifuyu tried to hold in his laughter, but he couldn't help it. Y/n makeup was smudged, mascara ran down her face and her blush was wiped off from the tears. She felt embarrassed, Chifuyu just sighed and forced himself to keep his laughter inside. He pulled her hands away and y/n allowed him; however, she couldn't make herself make any sort of eye contact. Chifuyu chuckled at her reaction before bringing his own hands to her face and, using his thumb, he wiped off the smeared mascara. "You know, I don't care what you look like" y/n finally made eye contact with him only to see that he was looking at her with those emerald eyes from before at the arcade. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, but that isn't what I find most valuable about you," y/n was confused, but also interested. "I love the way you're so caring, how you are so interested in everyone. I love how you can make anyone want to be around you, even a pack of idiotic hoodlums. But, most importantly," he grabbed her hand and placed it to his lips giving her a gentle kiss "I love everything about you" he looked back up at the girl in front of him. Y/n fell in love with the sight in front of her; as did Chifuyu with the lovely girl in front of him. "Instead of sitting here on my lap, how about we go to the shop? I know I'm hot but I wouldn't want to change your plans~" Y/n was confused at first until she looked down to see where she was sitting. "I'm sorry!-" She was about to get up but Chifuyu pulled her back down and went up to her ear "If you do want to change plans, just let me know. I'm always ready for you, darling~" Y/n was too stunned to speak, but she didn't need to. Chifuyu picked her up, got her into a bride-style position, and started to walk to the bike. "A princess always needs a good ride, and a good escort~" he placed her on the backseat of the bike and got on himself. Y/n, who was still stunned by the personality change, didn't hold onto the driver's waist like she normally did. Chifuyu, who felt a little sad about that, pushed the gas while in the park. The loud noise of the bike made Y/n panic and she grabbed onto Chifuyus's waist for dear life. Chifuyu was proud of his success and placed the bike in drive and drove off. He got onto the road that led them straight to the pet shop, they would be there in 10 minutes. Chifuyu decided not to give y/n another heart attack, so he went to the legal speed. Y/n felt the bike slow down, but she didn't let go. 'He smells so good' y/n wanted to hold onto him and never let go.

"Chifuyu, I want to be with you for a while... I don't want to be anywhere else..."