Chapter 7

*Connie's POV*

I could see Sasha having a fun conversation with my girlfriend's brother. My comfort was lessening slightly while my nerves hardened. To make it shorter and more simple, I felt jealousy.

Wait...why do I feel jealous? I have a girlfriend, and my best friend has this guy friend that (chances) might become her... "Boyfriend". I should be proud of her.

When I checked my watch, I realized it was getting a little late. I went downstairs and approached Sasha,

"Dude, it's getting late, we should go."

Sasha turned around and smiled, standing up from the sofa. She bid Feliciano goodbye and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She past by me, and I followed her on our way home.

The walk was silent for a few seconds, then Sasha spoke up,

"Hey, Connie, it was a good idea of yours to introduce me to your GF's brother. He's very sweet. He also taught me a few Italian words. And has a great way for comforting people."

I looked down and sighed, "I don't think it's a good idea you should see him that frequently."

"Hm? Why not?" She asked curiously while eating a pizza she had on her pocket.

"Because...sooner or later, you're gonna get too close. And one thing leads to another, you might start growing feelings for the guy."

"What's wrong with that? You must've had the same situation with your girl." She giggled as she finished the last bits of her food.

"Yeah...but then he might grow feelings for you too, and then you might start dati-"

"Connie, are you okay? Because you're starting to act weird ever since I met Feli." She asked worriedly.

"Just..." I trailed off and walked past her, "Stick to the people you already know..."

Her eyes shrunk in pure anger, "What is wrong with you? I meet a new guy who gets what I'm going through and you just boss me around and tell me never to see him again. Well, I am, and I will, you hear me?!"

"Well I don't want you to leave me! When you get a boyfriend, you'll forget about me! You'll leave me! I don't want that to happen, too late because it already did!" I shouted back.

"Now you know how I feel about you!"

I hesitated to her stern reply, "What do you mean?"

"I LOVE YOU, CONNIE. FOR THE LONGEST TIME, IVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH YOU. I TRIED MY HARDEST TO KEEP OUR FRIENDSHIP CLOSE. WHEN I FOUND OUT YOU HAD A GIRLFRIEND, I WAS IN TEARS, BUT I KNEW I HAD TO BE STRONG SO I DIDNT HAVE TO LOSE YOU!!"

I blinked twice as she began tearing up, continuing what she was saying,

"YOUR GF IS NICE AND SWEET, I NEVER WANTED TO SPOIL HER. I NEVER WANTED TO TREAT HER LIKE A B****, I NEVER WANT TO EITHER. THEN I MEET HER TWIN BROTHER WHO HAS THE EXACT PERSONALITY AS HIS SISTER. HE MADE MY PROBLEMS GO AWAY WITHOUT HURTING AN INCH OF ME, AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM!! WELL NOW IM LETTING YOU FEEL MY PAIN!!"

She stormed off and left me on the sidewalk. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. I loved Sasha all along. And I was an idiot of replacing her with someone else.

I didn't know about the pain she was going through, because she loved me too, for the longest time. At least she was strong enough to be nice. She was about to move on from her pain, but I foolishly forbid her.

I was an idiot, I have to apologize to her. She isn't just my best friend,she's more than that. And I don't want to lose her...

*Sasha's POV*

I stomped my way upstairs and in the girls' room (with the cat following me). I buried my face on the pillow and groaned in anger.

"Hey, are you okay, Sasha?" Asked Hange.

"Yeah, you seem...tense." Isabel added as she slowly removed the pillow that I buried my face with.

"When I found out Connie was dating someone, I cried. But I was supportive too. Turns out she was the nicest chick ever. Then she introduced me to her twin brother, Feliciano. He helped me with my friend-zone problem and he was so sweet.

Then Connie wanted me to stay away from him because he thought I might get too close, we got into an argument on the sidewalk. I told him about the truth and and how much I supported him, and I told him how much of a jerk he was and how I felt. And then I left."

The three looked shocked, Petra was worried, "So...what's gonna happen now? Are you two still friends?"

I raised my shoulders, stroking my cat, "I...don't know. I mean, it would be hard to have a conversation with him, or any contact. And...I don't know if I should trust him anymore."

Hange and Petra looked sad, although Isabel looked...pretty curios,

"So...you love Connie?"

I nodded, "o'course I do, forever."

She cheered, "YES! MY OTP HAS LIVED!!"

Hange elbowed Isabel's arm harshly, "Hey! She's going through friend problems, don't make it worse!"

I sighed, "you know it's really hard the fact you lost your best friend not because of his girlfriend, but because he's losing his mind when you're about to have your boyfriend."

Isabel frowned, "I know how that feels. Farlan's death still haunts me..." She snuggled herself and cradled back and forth.

"And when your boyfriend moves to a far place without knowing when to come back. I mean he doesn't even know I moved to America." Hange sighed,

"Eh, I guess he might not care anymore. He's been in wall Maria for a while now..."

Petra gave us worried looks, "Wow...I didn't know not being single could be a pain in the ass..."

Hange raised an eyebrow, "Wait...you're single, Petra?"

Petra gave a slow nod, "Yup. I never dated, and never will."

"I thought it was you and Levi..." Isabel smirked as Petra blushed pink,

"Okay, just because he went straight and he's been protecting me for the last few months, doesn't mean we ever dated. Sorry guys..."

Me and Hange frowned while again...Isabel was very very curious,

"How is it like being single? Do you search for guys or something?"

Petra laughed and shook her head, "No! Being single is the fact you don't have a love relationship and you just...do what you wanna do, without having to worry about anyone else."

I jaw-dropped, "Wow...who knew being single was the best thing that could ever happened to a person!"

Petra laughed and shook her head again, "No! Being single also means you're left out and alone from all the couples in this world. And single people have the worst day in Valentine's."

"Oh..." My smile faded as I turned away. Hange grabbed a book from the bookshelf and began reading as Isabel continued asking questions,

"So...what do you do when you're single, Pet?"

She looked up and stroked her chin, "Well...I work at that cupcake shop for five hours, and I go to the gym for two hours. Then just...hang."

"Then let's hang!" Isabel cheered as she punched her fist at the air. We all did. Then Hange asked,

"But where?"

I thought for a while, "Well...we could always go to that laser tag five blocks away from here. It's pretty fun."

Everyone stayed silent for one moment. Petra rushed to the door, saying, "I'm calling Annie for some money for that."

I sighed. I usually play laser tag with Connie, my best friend. But after what I said, he might not forgive me anymore, I hope everything's gonna be okay soon...