Chapter 40

A/N: I know, it's super late. But I'll update anyways

*Connie's POV*

"Is it the right time?"

"Yeah, you've been waiting, haven't you?"

"Of course we have! We've been trying to ask you for so long it's already Christmas Eve!"

"Alright fine it's time I tell you anyways."

After all these mental years...

Sasha and I held hands on the couch while impatiently waiting for the announcement from Hange, Petra and Isabel to where we're going this Christmas.

"You'll find out when we land from the plane."

What!?

Sasha and I slowly let go, while Sasha groaned impatiently, "But why can't we find out sooner!?"

Isabel giggled, "that's what surprises are for, right? To keep the suspense."

I sighed as well, it'll be a long time before we find out where we're going. I doubt the others know about it too. Since they're all really oblivious as well.

They just don't ask as much as we do.

I guess I'll have to wait, then. But wait... aren't we leaving this afternoon? Then why don't we know about this yet!?

I forgot when I already dressed up and had my bags packed, I'm so amazing.

*time skip*

Sasha rested her head on my shoulder when she slept on the plane. I just looked at the window impatiently, while waiting for the staff to announce where on earth we're going, but I bet Hange bribed them not to.

I also memorize the seating arrangement, for some odd reason. Levi was sitting next to Petra, Petra was sitting next to Hange who was sitting next to Erwin (they occupied the four row seats in the middle).
Isabel sat next to Farlan, Armin sat next to Annie, Krista sat next to Ymir, Jean sat next to Marco, Tori sat next to a stranger, Mina sat next to Thomas, Eren sat next to Julchen while Mikasa sat next to Sousuke, and Seijuro sat next to Momotarou (and yes, they came).

Lucky for Levi that Rin didn't come this time...

And another odd thing was that Mikasa was acting strangely silent but stalker-y over Eren. I was too oblivious and out of the topic to know why.

I've tried stalking and I've failed.

I kept worrying about our cat back at home. I doubt Hitch and Ilse know anything about pets, and yet they're still taking care of her.

The flight was from 2:00pm-10:00pm. And I felt like only two hours have passed. But I was wrong, because the staff announced that we were about to land. I gently poked Sasha's forehead, which signaled her to wake up.

She did, but she asked why. I responded, "We're landing."

Her eyes widened as she held my hand tightly. Her eyes glistened with sparkles and there was a wide smile on her face.

Everyone woke up and stared at the window, they were also curious to where we were going. I was excited, to finally find out where we were going to spend our Christmas in.

When the plane finally landed, everyone rushed out of the plane seconds after the stewardess's announcement. Sasha and I were fast enough to be the first people to come out of the plane.