Chapter 9

*Connie's POV*

I sat on the restaurant table in desperation right after Sasha ran off. I felt awful for doing that I front of her, her feelings must be crushed. But it could've hurt me more than it hurt her.

I slouched with my mouth open and my eyes closed tight. Felicia bent down to me and worriedly asked,

"Ve~? Is everything alright?"

I sighed heavily without any other reply. She looked down while biting her lip, "This is all my fault."

I opened my eyes in confusion, "How is this your fault?"

She pressed her lips while rubbing her elbow, "I noticed before we began dating, you two were closer than ever. I saw you do everything together. And it looked like you were having fun."

"Yeah, but that was in the past. And what's wrong with tha-"

"But ever since I got in the way, she's been feeling left out. She looked lonely. More likely in the friend-zone. I know she loves you, Connie. She cares for you more than anyone else in the world. I know you feel the same for her. And I think I ruined it by dating you. At least she's lucky of the fact she stays strong about it."

"So...what does this mean?" I asked in a hesitant tone.

"It means...well...I'm breaking up with you."

I paused in shock. I stood from my chair, I couldn't say anything. My loss of words resulted to stutters, "B-But...but...why?"

She turned away, "I don't want to get in the way of your friendship, that technically is a relationship. I may not be smart, but I know it would cause me less trouble if I stepped back. Plus, I'm moving to New York with the rest of my family and friends. So I won't see you for a while so..."

She gave me a pat on the back and smiled, leaving after. I tumbled on the chair. I knew I just lost the two greatest people I've met. Especially the one who matters to me most, Sasha. Fighting with her was the worst thing I could do, but worse was losing her. I love Sasha, I was just scared she wouldn't love me back. So I moved on and met others, such as Felicia. But when we were dating, Sasha confessed her love to me, and I was shattered because...it was too late.

I have to fix this. I lost her, but I'm going to get her back. She won't be out of my life forever. But then I remembered...she's getting close to Feliciano. I should so something before it's too late. I sent Felicia a message, saying:

"Hey, Felicia...
I know it's a little awkward to talk since we just broke up a few minutes ago. But I want you give a small request. Let Sasha know about our breakup, explain every detail she needs to know. I can't talk right now since I need to go home. I'll just say everything else when I'm home."

I turned off my phone and began walking back to the house. I told myself, "You keep it together, Springer. You better do this right or you're not coming back alive..." Some words turned into quiet mutters. I just cross my heart that this plan works. Because I will mentally die if I humiliate myself. Or worse...get heartbroken by your best friend, who's also the love of your life.

But I realized my plan wasn't complete. I need the perfect apology for Sasha. I needed something big...something special. Then I had the perfect idea imaged into my mind. I called Jean while sitting at the bus stop because I was too lazy to walk,

"Hello? Jean? Yeah, it's me, Connie...I was wondering if any of the others outside America who can come here? Yeah... sure...that'd be great. Thanks, Jean...bye..."

*Sasha's POV*

I just finished eating my 15th ice cream bowl downstairs. I decided I was eating too much just because I was miserable of the fact I just stormed out a while ago. I packed up and slowly headed upstairs. I went past each room. Even Connie's room, where I used to stay.

I heard Connie talking to Felicia on the phone again. I heard him laughing and just having a good conversation. I frowned miserably and ran past the room immediately, I didn't care if made a sound. I just didn't ever want to think about that, ever.

I opened the door to the new room I was staying, one of the guest rooms. It wasn't nearly as good as our former room, but it was fine enough. The kitty always stayed with me, sometimes the girls would stay with me for the night to keep me company, but it wasn't better than before.

*in the morning*

I was using social media for a few hours. It's nine o'clock, I was awake three hours ago. I just never bothered to get up or go anywhere. I just realized I caught a fever overnight because it was cold last night and I didn't wear a jacket, and I ate too much ice cream. I was lying on my bed, my skin was pale and my nerves were numb.

Then there was a knock on my door, I was guessing it was Isabel since the knock was loud. I groaned and placed my hand I'm my forehead, "Come in..."

"Umm...Sasha, you have a visitor..." Isabel said, still not opening the door.

I closed my eyes tight and sighed heavily, "Yeah, who is it?"

She finally opened the door, and my visitor turned out to be Felicia. Isabel slowly left and closed the door.i placed my arms on top of my blanket and turned to her direction with a sick look, "I know you really wanted to see me, but...I don't think now is a good time. Plus, Connie might find you here, and as much as I want you to be here, it's just...now's not the best time..."

"Ve~ I wanted to just...ask you something..." She pressed her lips and held her hands tight while slowly slouching. "Do you love Connie."

I turned away because I knew I couldn't answer that question, yet I did, "Yes..." I sniffed and wiped a tear off my face, "I will for the rest of my life, but...it's too late."

"That's what I thought..." She sighed, "Which is why I broke up with him."

I looked at her and asked in a worried tone, "Why? You two were so closely-bonded. Why would you breakup with him just because I felt bad?"

"That wasn't why I broke up with him." She replied, "I knew you two had a huge friendship before our relationship, and I feel horrible for breaking that friendship and tearing you both apart. I knew you'd be in better shape if you were friends again. Or more than that if you insist. And me and the rest of the countries are moving to New York."

I deeply sighed and covered myself with my blanket, "Whats the point? Connie probably hates me right now for ruining his relationship."

"Hey, don't be so down! Of course he doesn't hate you! You two are best friends!" She cheered.i removed the blanket that was burying my face and looked out the window, "Well, it'll take a while for us to rebuild our friendship...."

She smiled, "I'll stay out of your way..." She stepped out of the room. I again gazed at the window with a deep sigh. I know there's an even bigger chance of our friendship to work out again, maybe even better. But...I'm not sure.