Chapter 17

☀️Y/N☀️

[⚠️Warning: Creepy Old Guy trying to pedo implied stuff⚠️]

It's been a while since I sang, I knew I couldn't live in grief forever. Aphrodite was right, Ivan would punch me for not moving on. The sleazeball of a manager was staring at me like I'm a walking profit and walks over to me. I hope he doesn't recognize me or asks about my mom.

"That's pretty impressive, miss. Did you want me to ring up any of this equipment for you? Act now and I'll throw in this Grand Piano and cello with free delivery," the man offers but the greed in his eyes spoke volumes. "If you weren't planning on buying anything them testing out instruments cost-,"

"Nothing, since customers try out instruments to see if it feel right in their hands," a familiar voice says from beside me and I sigh in comforting relief.

The manager visibly turns pale but annoyed at the same time as he continues to try to argue with Jason Todd. I sent a silent prayer of thanks to my dad as I quickly walk over to a beautiful violin.

"You seen to constantly surprise me the more I get to know you altaayir almuhaki," Damian says coolly.

"What can I say, if I can't keep the world on there toes then I'm not living," I reply then pick up the violin.

Without hesitation I start playing Love Me Like You Do, putting everything I had into each cord. When I finished, I quickly wiped away the tears of my traumatic past.

"Wow, that was just...wow," Damian says and it was the first time I've ever seen him lost for words.

"I'll get this and this guitar," I say aloud as I pick up a beautiful painted guitar.

"Allow me to pay for the instruments," Damian insisted as he picks out a white bow for the violin

"Allow me to pay for the instruments," Damian insisted as he picks out a white bow for the violin. I was going to argue against it but he was already taking the guitar from my hands and taking it to the register where the shady Manager was waiting.

"Your total is seventeen thousand one hundred fifty," the Manager said with a smirk and my jaw dropped.

"That's a scam! The violin is on sale for one fifty and the guitar is a hundred," I exclaimed as I resist the urge to shoot this jerk in the eye.

"That was before you took it upon yourself to test out the instruments before purchase," the manager says as he reaches, "But maybe we can workout some sort of...agreement."

Before I could pray to the Gods, Damian was just hanging up the phone with a satisfied smirk on his face and pulls me away from this creep.

"Thank you, for the horrendous experience sir. Not only are you falsely advertising your instruments and classes but you're also try to seduce a minor," Damian says coldly just as the police arrive.

"You don't have any proof," the manager says but his smile falls as Jason plays back his argument with the slime ball and his suggestive remarks. But what's even better was the fact that Nightwing showed up with a flashdrive.

"This man is a registered Sex Offender," Dick says as he hands the flashdrive to the Commissioner. "You'll find everything on this flashdrive including video footage of his victims."

Those poor kids need therapy because of that creep, I thought to myself and my heart begins to break at the thought.

"Come on, altaayir almuhaki, we'll find a better store for you instruments," Damian says and I sadly leave the beautiful pieces in the counter but Grace stops us and places the instruments in my arms.

"{I'll cover the original cost. Go and play like you used too,} he tells me and I hug him tightly.

"Best uncle," I whisper and run off towards Damian with the biggest smile on my face.

"Care to join me? I'm going to practice at the park," I tell the youngest Wayne.

"I would love you," he replies and we walk out of the Music Store together talking about music genres and poetry.