Chapter 23

☀️Y/N☀️
Once we were finished with breakfast, we headed off to school. Damian was still furious with the Gods but he calmer than earlier which was better than having him kill somebody in rage. I decided to bring my guitar to school for practice and possibly a small performance for a nearby children's hospital.

"See you two at lunch," Nico says and walks away with Will with a smirk. Leaving me with the heir of the assassins to walk to my locker together in a comfortable silence.

"I wanted to ask you this before your father gave us the bad news," Damian says once we reach my locker, "I know it's a bit soon since we've only known each other for a week but I would be honored to court you, (Y/N) (L/N)."

I could help but blush as look towards him, he got angry on my behalf when we received the prophecy and he engaged with my messed up family. He took the time to see me as I am, not the celebrity or the psychologist.

"I accept you request to court me, Damian Wayne," I answered with a smile before placing a kiss on his cheek then hurried into our first period.

~Time Skip to lunch~

"Damian can you pass me an apple," I asked him while I play a small cord for a new song.

My ADHD scenses kick in and I caught the projectile that was nearing my head and I look to find an apple. I started blushing when Jon complimented my reflexes and Damian's aim. Fates and Olympians why?!

"*Congratulations, Sunset. Can I be your flower boy*," Nico teases as Will was struggling to keep from laughing.

"*I'm make sure that you're wearing the pinkest princess dress in history*," I hissed at him which finally caused Will to collapse to the floor in gales of laughter.

"What's so funny," Jon asks me and I simply shook my head while Damian equally looked confused.

"Later in class."

"Mr. Maxwell will explain it in class," Will says after he finally calmed down for his laughing fit.

Just then, Elizabeth Jones strolls up to our table and tries to sit in between me and Damian, completely ignoring my existence and giving the fakest love sick puppy eyes I've ever seen. Honestly Aphrodite and her kids give a more believable performance.

"Hi Dami," Elizabeth purrs trying to sound seductive. Damian to his credit, looked like he was trying not to throw up just by looking at her.

"Begone from my presence Jones, your existence sickens me," growls which only made the airhead giggles. Gods, she's making Drew look decent.

"So, since we've known each other for a long time, I think it would be appropriate to ask you out-," she starts but I start playing a classic Bon Jovi song for the enviable and most painful dumping in history.

"Jones, we will never be in a relationship, I'm already courting someone who possibly deserves better than me but I will not destroy my relationship with her over a harlot like you. In addition, I honestly do not trust you enough to not have sexual intercourse with half of the school's football and soccer team."

The entire cafeteria fell quiet, watching the humiliating rejection unfold before but I continued to play guitar to distract me from the brutality.

"C-courting someone," Elizabeth stammers causing a wave of excited whispers to flow through the cafeteria. "Who?"

I immediately stop playing when Damian stands up and walks over to me. Before I realized what was happening, I felt his lips on mine. Despite the roar from the other students, I melted into the kiss giving as much of my heart to him as I can. Damian tasted like (favorite fruit) and honey, I almost got drunk off his kiss alone.

Reluctantly, we broke our kiss for much needed air and I can tell we're both blushing.

"That's one way to mark your claim," I teased.