Chapter 5: Mint Chocolate Chip

I woke up the next morning super hung over in Kat's bed. I looked at my phone and saw 10:08 am glowing in white text. The last thing I remembered from last night was having some good laughs with JC at the bar. Did me and JC hookup? Did we kiss? What did I do last night? I pulled myself up from my pillow and noticed Kat was not in

the bed, I prayed she was in this house somewhere. I needed to be filled in, that is if she remembers anything.

I threw my hair up in a messy bun, made sure I was fully clothed, and walked downstairs. I smelt the wonderful aroma of french toast and a smile curled up on my face. There was Kat making us breakfast, wow I loved her.

"Morning my little mama!" Kat hummed.

"Morning, and thanks for this breakfast girl." I said with a smile as she slid a plate to me. Kat crammed a piece of the toast into her mouth.

"So, I'm hoping you remember last night? Or parts atleast.." I said with a crooked expression.

"Only up until when we started taking shots.. after that... all a blur."

"Oh gosh. I only remember having a drink at the bar with JC, I don't even remember the shots!"

"Nothing too scandelous was happening at that point, but considering both of our shirts were full of sand when I woke up this morning, I'm guessing we didn't go straight home after the club." Said Kat.

"Sand?!" I had no idea.

"Should I text Kian?" Kat said while pulling out her phone.

"Yeah! Maybe him and his friends remember something."

After our breakfast Kian had finally replied, I guess they had slept in later than us. Kat showed me the text;

[Kian] I don't remember fuck all! But Ricky wasn't very drunk at all and he remembers the whole thing! Wanna meet up at Oceanic Ice Cream?

Kat responded saying sure and within 40 minutes we were at the Oceanic ice cream parlor.

"Hey, boys!" Kat said while walking up to the crew of 3 boys (Kian, Ricky and Ricardo).

"Hey Kat, Serena." Said all the boys simultaneously.

Ricky had told us everything he had seen. After shots at the club everyone just danced together, me and Ricky had officially met, which I felt bad because I didn't remember at all, and after the club we went skinny dipping at the beach, which explains the sand.

"So, any hookups? Makeouts?" Kat said while sticking her tongue out.

"Well that little tongue of yours might have met Ricardo's" Said Ricky, Kat slightly blushed. "And if anyone else did, then I did not see it." Finished Ricky. Well I guess I was in the clear for any awkward moments.

"Well, Ill be right back. Gonna get a cone." I said as I walked inside the parlor. I saw JC standing there, seeing him made me smile. I didn't even know he was here! As I got closer I noticed he was trying a bunch of different samples.

"Tough decision?" I said while approaching him from behind and nudging him in the ribs.

"Oh, hahaha. Hey Serena. Yeah, I guess so." He said while mildly blushing.

"My favorite is mint chocolate chip." I said while looking at the parlor boy. "One small cone please."

"Coming right up!" He answered me.

"I'll get the same." Added in JC while giving off a slight smile.

As I was about to pay for my ice cream JC told the parlor boy he would get it.

"Oh, you don't have to." I said while offering the boy my money. JC pushed my hand away,

"It's a small ice cream Serena, I won't go bankrupt." He said with the cutest facial expression.

"Well, thank you." I replied. "Do you remember any of last night?" I had to ask.

"I remember the bar with you, that was fun, but nothing really after that."

"Exact same with me, but Ricky filled us in on what he remembers and it doesn't seem like anything too scandelous happened, and were all safe so!" I said happily.

"Scandelous" He said while laughing. "You're such a girl."

"Hey! Shut up!" I said while smacking him on the arm.

JC and I continued outside to where all of our friends were still chatting. I was almost done my ice cream and it was starting to drip all over my hands. I rubbed my sticky hands on my legs when Kian offered to get me a napkin. He came back shortly after with a whole stack.

"Ah, you're a gem. Thanks so much." I said while grabbing the napkins.

"Oh no problem, and hey now you have extras." He smiled.

"Perfect!" I smiled back. I couldn't help but think something happened that night that hadn't been remembered by anyone. I scratched the back of my neck and stared into the sky. Maybe I was just going crazy, I mean Ricky was barely tipsy and told us everything, so what else more could there be?

Right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment & vote. Ty for reading. ♥ What do you want to happen next? ;-)