Chapter 28: First Lie

A/N:Please note this has not been edited yet! Also sorry for the short chapter! I had a bit of writers block this week.

*Serena's POV*

I woke up lying next to my new boyfriend, wearing his big black t-shirt. I sat up to notice my hair was a mess, but for some reason I didn’t even care to fix it. I turned my neck to see JC’s face pressed up against the pillow, I let out a slight chuckle.  I picked myself off the bed making sure not to wake him up and headed downstairs into the kitchen. There was not a single noise to be heard but the slight drip of the sink, no one was around. I quietly made some coffee and sat down on the couch. As I was sipping my mocha and flipping through a magazine I heard someone knocking on the door. I got up as the knocking continued and opened it.

“JC, Ricardo, I need-” Kian said as he looked up at me. “Oh, Serena?” He just stared.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realise you were here. I, uh, have to go! Tell them I stopped by.” He said as he closed the door behind him. I shook the weird encounter out of my brain and returned to my magazine.

*Kian’s POV*

I quickly jogged up the driveway to Ricardo and JC’s house. I needed to see if JC and Serena were still together. I had to get it off my chest that I was practically in love with this girl. Thoughts of Serena constantly filled my mind; I couldn’t get her out of my head. I thought if I kissed Kat maybe she would tell Serena, and maybe Serena would get jealous and finally realize that it was I that she wanted. I had barely talked to Serena lately, and maybe that was why. Either she was mad at me for kissing Kat, or she was too embarrassed or shy or something.

As I approached the front door I prayed that JC and Serena didn’t work out. I prayed that JC would open the door and tell me that they weren’t together, that they would never be together. My adrenalin started pumping as I began to knock on the door. It was a few seconds before the door swung open, and before I even saw who it was I began talking.

“JC, Ricardo I need-” I said getting cut off as I looked up to see Serena. She looked beautiful, her hair was perfectly messy, and the way her eyes were still drowsy was adorable. As I looked down at her body I noticed the shirt she was wearing – it was JC’s. My heart sunk into my body as all my questions were instantly answered.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realise you were here. I, uh, have to go! Tell them I stopped by.” I said as I closed the door behind me, leaving her without saying one word.

I quickly walked down the driveway, furiously kicking over a flower-pot in my way. I could easily infer what had happened last night, and it made me feel sick to my stomach.

*Serena’s POV*

I sipped on my coffee as I heard someone coming down the stairs. I closed my magazine in my lap and as I looked up I saw JC’s sleepy face looking at mine from the kitchen.

“Hey look it’s my girlfriend.” He said in a drowsy voice.

“Where?” I said as I jokingly looked behind me.

“Oh come here.” He said.

I walked towards him and he slowly wrapped his arms around my body. I looked into his eyes and softly planted my lips onto his. He ruffled his hands into my hair and prolonged the kiss. After we released our lips from each other’s he placed one last peck on my forehead.

“How is it you can roll out of bed and look great?” He said as he pushed a hair out of my face.

“Oh stop.” I said slightly blushing. “Oh, Kian came by a few minutes ago actually, it seemed important but he didn’t tell me.”

“Oh, how weird. I’ll text him later.” He said as he opened the fridge door.

“So what are your plans today?” He said.

“Well, I was thinking we-” I said as I was cut off by the sound of my phone.

[Carter] Need you today. I’ll have a limo at your house at 2, look nice.

I sighed as I put my phone back onto the counter. What could Carter want now?

“Thinking we…?” He smiled.

“Could hangout later tonight? I have something to do today, for my mom.” I forced a smile as I lied to my new boyfriend.

“Of course. Tell her I say hi.” He playfully winked and pulled the orange juice out.

“I will.” I said as I snagged the OJ away from him and poured my own glass.

I looked into the mirror and lightly dabbed some concealer under my eyes. I blinked a few times while looking at myself, pulled my fishtail braid to the side and deemed myself ready for whatever Carter had wanted. I heard the doorbell ring and quickly walked down the stairs. I felt the sunlight hit my body as I closed my door behind me. I saw the usual driver and smiled to him as I climbed in.

After a 10 minute drive we pulled up to a huge mansion. The entire thing was eggshell white and had beautiful pillars. I heard a lot of people talking and due to the fact that I couldn’t see them I assumed they were in the backyard. The grass was greener than any grass I had seen before, there was even a beautiful fountain near the front-door. 

After taking in the beautiful scenery Carter finally came outside.

He was wearing black dress pants with a grey dress shirt, and matched an all-black tie. His hair was pushed up and I had to admit he looked great. He said my name and smiled as he approached me.

“What am I doing here Carter?” I asked.

“It’s a barbeque; all my close friends are here. I thought you should meet them.” He smiled.

“You mean your dad isn’t here? I thought he was the only one Carter. Why do you need to lie to your friends about a girlfriend anyways?” I kept asking questions.

“Don’t worry about that right now, just come in and enjoy yourself, and you can take your cheque on your way out.”

He grabbed my hand and led me to the backyard.

---------------

What will happen at this party? & Poor Kian :(

Comment / Vote ♥