Chapter 39: December 2nd 2015

I'm going to let you guys read this chapter before I add in my author's note...But first I want to thank all of you sweethearts for following this story's journey.

------

SERENA'S POV

December 2nd 2015

“December 2nd, did you know that babe? It’s December 2nd.” I said while staring up at the calendar.

I walked over to the beautiful green sofa that currently was holding my boyfriend, placed my hand on his shoulder and looked out the window. Winter in New York was definitely a lot different than California. The only thing I liked about the snow back home was that it made me think about Christmas and I love Christmas. Looking out my old apartment window I could always see the fluffy snow sitting on the tops of the neighboring buildings. California was warm and chilly at times, definitely no signs of snow though. I didn’t mind snow not being around because all those layers was cute but annoying day after day and hot chocolate tastes just the same without it.

I moved my hand off his shoulder. 

“December 2nd, time really flies.” He said while smiling up at me. 

“So much has changed since the summer I first came here.” I thought out loud.

 “That makes two of us, you know considering we kind of bought a condo together.” He chuckled and got up off the couch.

“Did I mention I wanted to turn that storage room into an office? You can edit your videos and I can work on my blog and other things.”

“That sounds amazing. Your always really good at small projects like that.” He put his hands around my waist and looked into my eyes.

“Small?” I said and backed away. “I’m good at big projects too!”

“The biggest project was getting you to be mine Serena.” He moved in closer and kissed my lips. 

It had been one year and about 2 months since I had moved back to California from New York. One year and 2 months and everything had changed, and I really mean everything. It’s almost as if everyone became adults instantly. Less parties and more small get-togethers, vodka turned to wine, and a lot of friends became a few.

Kat and I were still close but she was currently in rehab for a drug problem I never even knew she had. She became addicted to ADHD medication and her parents placed her in the nearest center. I visit her on occasion but it’s become hard with my new job. While my boyfriend manages his Youtube thing – which rakes in the big bucks – I maintain my blog which is kind of like a personal story I’m getting paid for. I have plans to write my first book soon as well. 

The condo we have is quaint but lovely. It had a small living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and a spare empty room. It was almost perfect for my first place on my own. 

“When was the very first moment you knew you loved me?” He asked while taking a sip of his coffee.

“It wasn’t really a moment, just a feeling. A really, really good feeling, like for once I did something right.”

“Things really fell into place with us didn’t they.” He smiled.

“Do you think us being this happy is going to last forever? You know I’m pretty sure this is still considered the honeymoon stage of our relationship.” 

“You can ask me that question when were on our real honeymoon.” He laughed, smiled and came in closer to me.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you too Serena.” He replied 

“Are you filming a video today?” I asked.

“Yeah with a few of the guys, I should be back around dinner time though. You could make something or we could go out later?”

“I’ll make your favourite, and maybe even a dessert. I’m feeling festive with Christmas coming, maybe sugar cookies after! 

“You’re perfect.” He said and kissed my nose. “But I need to head out I’m already a little late, I’ll text you.” He started walking towards the door and putting his shoes on.

“Have a great day babe.” I smiled while turning my head towards the kitchen.

I heard the door open, “oh and Serena? 

“Yes?”

“My moment was when I first saw you, face down in the sand!” He cackled and walked out the door.

“You brat!” I yelle 

“I love you!” He called back.

“I love you too, Kian.” I said softly and the door closed behind him 

This past year was almost too much for me to deal with. California had completely altered who I was.  I used to only party and get drunk and hook up with whoever I thought was cute and now I have a place with someone I care very much about and have a job that earns a real income. I left New York to come back for someone I’m not even with anymore but that still was a good thing for me. I’m now independent and can make decisions without the help of my friends or family.

There’s still a few things that eat at me every day but I’m happy.

I’m happy with where I am and who I’m with.

I’m happy

KIAN’S POV

“This is a big moment you know!” The woman at the store said with a very wide and happy grin. 

“Oh I know.” I smiled back at her as she tied the white bow around the blue box 

“What’s her name?” She asked. 

“Serena." 

“She’s a very lucky girl. When are you going to ask?”

“Christmas eve.”

I thought back to every moment in the past I wanted to tell Serena something and I couldn’t. Well now was my time, actually December 24th was. I could picture it now, sitting around the Christmas tree and the presents, the lights from the tree flickering onto her face and making her appear only more beautiful than she already was. Setting my hot chocolate down and getting on my knees and telling her everything I have ever felt about her ever. Like how that night at the party when we kissed I wasn’t even that drunk, I was just in love.

The lady handed me my bag and all my papers.

“Have a good evening Mr. Lawley. You’ve been designing this ring for a month now and I just know she will love it. Good luck!”

“Thank you.” I smiled as I walked out the door.

Christmas eve…

----------------------------

NOW LET ME ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IM SURE YOU HAVE!

Is this a dream? NO!

Is this real? YES!

This chapter is one year and two months after the last one posted. I WILL be filling in blanks and going back in the story so don't worry about confusing about what happened with JC. I'm sure half of you hate me and half of you kian shippers love me. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update but I hope this somewhat satisfies?

PS. all of your comments kill me! You guys are hilarious. :)