Chapter 20: Orange Pekoe

A/N: I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, I see theres a lot of Team JC out there, so great to know you guys are getting into this! Love you all :)

*JC’s POV*

I woke up still feeling angry, but I knew my heart was sore. Serena was so special, but it seemed like she didn’t care about me at all, she didn’t care to toss me to the curb. After hearing one rumour, from a completely illegitimate source, she ran to one of my best friends. I really liked her, and I could’ve seen myself loving her, but now, I just feel upset. I feel like she broke anything we ever could have had. I didn’t even know how I felt about having her around even as a friend.

I woke up to my usual messy room, clothing scattered across almost every inch of floor. I glanced at my phone to see if Serena even bothered to text me, she didn’t. I kicked a shoe across the room in anger, as if she hadn’t texted me by now. As if she wasn’t trying to apologise, or ask questions, or even talk to me. I walked into the kitchen when the aroma of bacon overtook me.

“Hi JC.” Kat looked up at me from the kitchen table.

“Hey Kat, sorry for blowing up on you last night. I was just mad; I know nothing was your fault.”

“It’s no problem. But has Ser texted you? She hasn’t responded to me at all, and it’s worrying me. She didn’t sleep at her house last night.” She said.

“No she never texted me… what do you think is going on?”

“I don’t know. She’s always done something crazy when things have gotten too emotional in the past. I’m worried.”

“Define crazy.” I responded.

“I don’t know, that’s a story for her to tell you, not me. I’m going to cruise around and try to find her; hopefully she hasn’t gone too far.” She said as she grabbed her purse off the couch and walked out the door.

Situations kept running through my mind of what could’ve happened to Serena. What if she drove away and cried so hard that she got into an accident? What if she was so mad at me she went and slept with another guy? I might be mad at Serena, but I was still worried. I decided to send her a text, even though my mind was strongly against it.

[JC] Serena, are you okay? Please, talk to me. I’m worried.

*Serena’s POV*

I woke up in my luxurious hotel suite. I smelled fresh orange pekoe tea and croissants, and my bed sheets felt really soft. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, I noticed beside my breakfast was a note. ‘Good morning! You passed out on my bed early last night, so I brought you to your own. If you need to talk, call or text me! – Ty’ And at the end he included his phone number.

Wow, he was a really sweet guy. Not only was he good looking and sweet, but he knew how to have a good time. I wish I could see him as more than a friend, but I can’t. I like JC, a lot. I texted Tyler telling him thanks for the breakfast and for bringing me home last night. I ruffled through the covers and finally found my phone, I had quite a few texts but the one from JC caught my attention, I really did not think he would ever text me.

[JC] Serena, are you okay? Please, talk to me. I’m worried.

I collected my thoughts together, I knew I needed to talk to JC. I couldn’t let him go over something a stupid jealous girl did.

[Serena] I’m in Anaheim. We need to talk.

[JC]I’ll come there? Where are you?

[Serena] Island Hotel Newport Beach.

[JC] I’ll be there as soon as I can.

I walked to the bathroom where I noticed I was still wearing the random girl clothes from last night. I looked around my room and noticed the only other clothing I had was the ratty red dress, so what I was wearing would have to do. I scanned over my face and I looked really tired – and I had absolutely no makeup with me. I threw my hair up and ran downstairs to the lobby. I walked out the door and hopped in the taxi, asking him to take me to the nearest drugstore.

Once I arrived back in the hotel it had been about half an hour, and I didn’t know how fast JC would be here. I quickly applied my newly bought makeup and let my hair down. I ran my fingers under the running tap then combed it through my hair creating small waves. After I had myself looking decent I heard a knock on the door. I quickly ran over and opened it.

“Hi.” JC said while looking down at me.

“Come in, please.” I said while motioning to the bed. We both sat down. I tried to open my mouth to get my words out but instead tears started coming down from my eyes.

“Don’t cry please.” He said while wiping a tear away.

“I’m so sorry.” I whimpered.

“Are you really though?” He said while I noticed his temper rising.

“Wh-what?” I choked out.

“I thought you cared about me Serena? But instead you believe someone you don’t even know then go and makeout with my best friend. And let’s be honest, I saw him lifting up your shirt. If you two didn’t see me, it probably would’ve gone further.” He said while looking the other way.

“JC. I made a mistake… I was so upset when I thought you slept with that girl, but now I know it wasn’t true.” The tears kept streaming.

“Listen Serena, I didn’t come here to make up with you. I came here to see that you were okay, and you are, so I think I’m going to go.” He said as he lifted himself off the bed.

“JC, please.” I said while grabbing his arm.

“I’m sorry.” He said while he walked through the door.

As the door closed behind him I grabbed the orange pekoe tea and threw it at the wall.

*JC’s POV*

I closed the door as I walked out of her hotel room. I didn’t want to go, but I was still upset with her, but I still needed to think things through. My heart wanted me to hug her then and there but my head told me to walk out the door.

I walked towards the elevator when I noticed another guy about my age walk past me. I pressed the down button on the elevator as I saw him knock on Serena’s hotel room door. Who the hell is this guy? I was about to ask him that very question when the elevator doors opened. I watched him walk inside her room and the door close. I stepped inside the elevator and shook my head.

Do I even want to know?

-------------------------

Oh no?! What do you think?
♥ Vote / Comment ♥ 

Unexpecting California (O2L Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें