Chapter 27: That Moment

A/N: I feel like this is the chapter a lot of you have been waiting for, enjoy! The ending gets a little risque (rated R), so if you aren't comfortable with it then you can just skip it! I put authors notes when it begins and ends.

*Serena’s POV*

“Oh gosh, sorry!” I cried as I bumped into someone.

I slowly travelled my eyes up their body to find a very familiar face staring back at me.

“JC?” I asked.

“Serena?” He said with a confused look on his face.

My eyes jolted around the room trying to find an excuse in which I didn’t have to tell him about Carter. My heart was beating a mile a minute and the fact that he was looking very handsome wasn’t helping.

“I-I came here , with uh, Kat!” I spat out.

“Oh, I haven’t seen her around; I’ll make sure to say hi.” He looked the other way.

“You look good JC.” I smiled and looked at the ground.

“You look good too Serena, but, why haven’t you been texting me back…” He trailed off.

My mind went back to the party when I saw JC laying on top of that girl. I remembered how bad my heart felt and how I didn’t want to think about that moment again.

“Well, that party…” I didn’t want to say anything. I lightly pulled him over to the corner near the girl’s room so no one could see us.

“I saw you, lying on top of some girl and I know were not boyfriend or girlfriend or anything but-” I was cut off by the sounds of JC chuckling. I furiously raised my brow.

“Serena,” He continued chuckling. “That was my cousin, Lucy! I tackled her when I saw her and I wanted to introduce you to her but you had left!” He slowly put his hand over my cheek and rubbed it softly.

“Oh, I had no idea.” I said feeling awfully embarrassed. My thoughts travelled back to waking up in Carter’s hotel room, I wanted to cry then and there because of what I had done but I held it in.

“I would never do that to you.” He said as he leaned in towards my face. He planted his lips softly on mine and I felt our energy surge together. He wrapped one hand around my waist and lightly grabbed my face with the other. I slowly entwined my tongue with his and it felt as if our kiss was in slow-motion. He pulled us apart and planted one last kiss on my collarbone.

“I have missed you so much.” He breathed.

“I missed you too, JC.” I said as my Carter thoughts danced around in my head.

“Come to my place tonight.” He slowly whispered in my ear.

“I will.” I said as I placed a kiss on his cheek. “I need to go find Kat, I’ll text you when I’m on my way.”

 Once JC had headed off with Connor I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Kat.

[Serena] Tomorrow clear your schedule because I need to give you the low-down of my life. Sorry for that rude text before, I love you and you know it! PS; if JC asks, you were with me tonight!

I walked over to Carter and slightly pulled him away from the group he was talking to. After talking to JC I looked at Carter as a completely different person, he was no longer a person who showered me with everything I had always wanted – he was a mistake.

“I’m leaving.” I abruptly said.

“What?” He said looking down at his watch. “Why so soon?”