Chapter 13: We Aren't Flirting!

"Mom," Evelyn yelled walking into the house after JJ dropped her off, "I'm home."

"In the kitchen sweetheart," Allison said.

Evelyn walked into the kitchen seeing Kiara's mom standing next to hers, "Oh, hi Mrs. Carrera."

"I've told you before Evelyn, call me Anna," she said.

"Right, sorry," Evelyn said, "Is Kiara here?"

"Umm no actually," Anna said, "I came to talk to you."

"Uh-about what?" Evelyn asked.

"Well I was hoping you could tell me a little more about why Kiara and John B got arrested," Anna said.

"They what?" Evelyn asked, this being the fist time she heard the news.

She knew they should have waited for them to come down from the lighthouse. She should have convinced JJ to stay, argued with him more on the matter.

"Evelyn. Don't act like you don't know," Allison said.

"Mom. I really didn't know," Evelyn said.

"Who were you will all day then?" Allison asked.

"I was with JJ and Pope," Evelyn said, "They just dropped me off."

"Evelyn," Allison said.

"Mom. I swear I didn't know that Kie and John B got arrested," Evelyn said telling the truth.

"It's alright, Allison," Anna said, "Thank you Evelyn."

Evelyn nodded her head at the woman, "I'm gonna go to my room."

"All right," Allison said, "Dinner will be ready at 6."

Evelyn turned around walking down the hallway to where she could still hear the women.

"These boys are corrupting our girls," Anna said.

"I know. I've tired to talk to her but she just wont listen to me," Allison said, "Those boys are going to drag them down with them."

"And I'm afraid its going to be too late before they realize that," Anna said.

Evelyn walked up the stairs, not wanting to hear any more of the conversation. She slammed her bedroom door shut running her hands through her hair. What were they going to do? First they almost get shot, then the same guys come after them, now Kiara and John B have been arrested. Evelyn quickly pulled out her phone trying to find the contact she was looking for.

"Heller," the person on the phone said.

"JJ, is that you?" Evelyn said.

"Well I mean unless someone phone jacked me, then yeah," JJ said.

Evelyn groaned, not having the patience for his joking right now.

"What's the matter, miss me already?" JJ asked.

Evelyn could tell he was smirking, which made her roll her eyes, "Is Pope still with you?"

"Duh. We just dropped you off. No way we would have made it back to the cut yet," JJ said.

"Put me on speaker phone," Evelyn said.

""Are you sure you don't just wanna-"

"JJ!" Evelyn yelled.

"All right, all right. Jeez," JJ said.

"What is it?" Pope asked.

"Kiara and John B got arrested," Evelyn said.

"What?" JJ asked.

"How do you know?" Pope asked.

"Kiara's mom was in my kitchen with my mom when I got home," Evelyn said.