Chapter 27: We Found Water

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kiara asked.

John B was finally out of the hospital and the group had decided to meet up at The Wreck.

"Tannyhill," John B said.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron?" Kiara asked.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right?" John B asked, "And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't--"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the club now?" Pope asked.

"I don't know, Pope," John B said.

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asked.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" Pope teased.

"Leave him alone, guys," Evelyn said.

"Look, you promised," Kiara said,  "You said you weren't with her."

"Bro, just own it. She got you," JJ said.

"Look, if you want to hang out with her, that's fine," Kiara said, "But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah."

"Do you guys see her here?' John B asked, "No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

"It's all out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it," JJ said.

"It's cause the coast had changed," Evelyn said looking down at the map.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed," Pope said.

"What about the old forts?" John B asked.

"Battery Jasper," Kiara said pointing to it on the map.

"Looks like we better get going then," Evelyn said.

--

"We're on Battery, right here," Pope said pointing to the map and everyone stood around him, "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere over there," Kiara said pointing in front of them.

"Right," Pope said.

"Over there?" JJ asked, "Guys, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision."

"Tannyhill Plantaion use to be the entire island," John B said, "It got sold into smaller pieces over time."

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall, then," Evelyn said looking down at the map.

"Off we go on another adventure," JJ said.

"Hopefully this one turns out better than they last," Evelyn mumbled to herself.

The five teens all climbed back into the van, John B and Pope sitting in the front, while Kiara, Evelyn and JJ got in the back.

"Okay, so the road should split up here," Pope said directing John B.

"Okay," John B said.

"All right. You're gonna take a left," Pope said.

"That looks like a stone wall to me," JJ said as John B stopped the van

"This is it," Pope said.

"Not the Carin house," Evelyn said getting out of the van.

"Are you kidding me?" Kiara asked.

"Worst case senecio," JJ said.

"Why'd it have to be here?" Pope asked, "Of all places..."

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property," JJ said making Evelyn give him a look of concern.