Chapter 34: It's A Set Up

"So they keep the money out here?" Pope asked.

Evelyn looked around at all of the grown up vegetation and dilapidated looking houses. She still did not have a good feeling about this.

"That's what she said," JJ said laughing, "That's what she said."

"Stop," Pope said making JJ's smile drop.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," Sarah said form the passenger seat.

"It's cause you're rich," JJ said.

"You've never heard of it either," Kiara said defending Sarah.

"Thank you," Sarah said.

"There is nothing but weeds back here," Kiara said looking out of the window.

"I do not have a good feeling about this," Evelyn said feeling sick to her stomach.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ said being cut off by sirens behind them.

"Cops?" Kiara asked turning around.

"Out here?" Evelyn questioned.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ asked.

"What did we do?" Sarah asked.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope asked.

"Stash that," John B said turning to JJ and looking at the gold.

"Chill, guys," Kiara said.

"I hate cops," JJ said.

"Did you bring the gun?" Evelyn asked worried.

If JJ got caught with that gun he for sure going to jail since he was on probation.

"No. Okay?" JJ asked, "Everyone told me to leave it back at the place."

"Thank God," Kiara said and JJ shoved the gold into his backpack, "Please, everything else in your bag."

"I am! I am, all right?" JJ asked.

"How much weed to you have on you, bro?" Kiara asked as JJ stood up shoving his bag under the seat he was sitting on.

"He's walking up right now," Pope rushed.

"Come on," Evelyn said as a gun cocking made her freeze.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?" the man asked making Evelyn squeeze her eyes shut, "All ya'll's hands up in the air now!"

Evelyn threw her hands up. She hadn't turned to look at the guy yet. But he definitely wasn't the police.

"You, out of the car! Let's go!" the man yelled at John B.

John B slowly opened the door, "Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry! Let them out!"

Evelyn turned to see John B get out of the van and walk toward the front as the man held the gun to him, "What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out!"

John B slid the side door to the van open as the man started yelling at them to get out.

"There you go, pretty girl," he said as Sarah stepped out, "Here we go! Get out to the car, hurry up!"

Evelyn followed Pope out of the van keeping her eye on the guy in front of them.

"We're broke," JJ said.

"Shut the hell up!" the man yelled.

"All right!" JJ yelled back.

"Shut the hell up!" the man yelled again.