Chapter 17: Fantasy Or Reality?

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone," John B said, "We're borrowing it."

"Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality," Pope said.

"Did you come up with that?" John B said.

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with that. But it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing," Pope said.

"Oh," John B said.

"So," Pope said turning toward the front of the van, "Which is it? Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked.

"It's fantasy, but possibly reality," Kiara said.

"I agree with Kie," Evelyn said.

"Reality," John B said.

"Virtual reality," JJ said starting to light the blunt he was rolling.

"Keep the signal clear," Pope said taking it out of his mouth and flicking it into the seat across from him.

"And I can't believe you let them talk you into this," Pope said looking at Evelyn, "You're supposed to be the level headed one of the group. You know, keeping us out of trouble."

"It's 400 mil, Pope," Evelyn said.

"Yeah I just think you've been speeding to much time with JJ," Pope said.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked.

"You?" Pope said looking at him.

"No! It's that you need to relax, man," JJ said, "You're always so tense."

"I'm not too tense," Pope said.

"Would you ladies cut it out," Evelyn said opening the van door.

"Hey, don't worry," John B said, "You guys got this."

"Oh it's not us were worried about," Kiara said making Evelyn nod her head.

"Good luck, boys," Evelyn said, "Try not to fuck up without us there."

Evelyn climbed into the passenger seat of Kiara's car as she drove away. The pulled up to the yard where the security guard typically sits.

"You ready for this?" Evelyn asked.

"Yup," Kiara said getting out of the car.

Evelyn hopped out behind her and started to follow her.

"Hello?" Kiara said walking up to the box, "Excuse me?"

"Can I help you ladies?" the guy asked.

"Hi," Kiara said, "We actually have a flat tire."

"We were wondering if maybe you could help us out?" Evelyn said.

The security guard looked behind him before looking back at the girl, "Yeah."

"It's too easy," Kiara whispered as the man went to open the gate.

They lead the man over to the tire on the boat trailer.

"It's just this back one right here," Kiara said.

"It must have been a slow leak or something," Evelyn said.

"Probably just been sitting in the yard too long," the man said.

"Yeah, probably," Evelyn said.

"I got this," the guys said.

"Thank you," Kiara said.

Evelyn looked around trying to see if the boys had made it in the gate before it closed.

"Got it?" Kiara asked looking down at the man.