Chapter 35: Promises Are Meant To Be Broken

The group pulled up to a run down trailer that had stuff littered in the yard.

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland," Sarah said.

"I don't know about this, man," Pope said voicing his dislike of JJ's idea.

"Yeah, why are we at Barry's?" Evelyn asked looking over at JJ.

"This'll only take a second," JJ said opening the van door.

"Where are you going?" John B asked sliding open the van door.

"Yo soy justicia," JJ said.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked.

"You know somebody should probably--" Kiara said.

"I think Evelyn should go," John B said.

"Me?" Evelyn questioned.

"Maybe he'll listen to you," John B suggested.

"When has JJ ever listened to me?" Evelyn questioned.

"When has JJ ever listened to any of us," Pope said.

"Never,' John B said, "But I think Evelyn has the best chance."

"Send backup if we're not out in five minutes," Evelyn said getting out of the van.

Evelyn walked into the house, seeing that it looked even more trashed on the inside.

"So what exactly is your plan?" Evelyn asked as JJ walked around looking in stuff.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us," JJ said throwing pillows around, "We shall stealeth from ye."

"And what exactly does that mean Shakespeare?" Evelyn questioned crossing her arms.

"An eye for an eye, E" JJ said.

"Well that's great JJ. But what exactly happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh?" Evelyn asked, "He knows exactly who we are,"

"I'm not scared of this guy," JJ walking toward the hallway off of the kitchen

"JJ, stop!" Evelyn yelled after the boy, "This is literally the most stupid thing you've ever done."

John B walked through the door making her look back at him.

"What's taking so long?" John B asked.

"You try and talk to him. I think he's gone crazy," Evelyn said motioning toward the boy.

"What are you doing, JJ?" John B yelled.

"Getting even!" JJ yelled back.

"We can't let him do this," Evelyn said turning to John B.

"Just let me talk to him," John B said.

"Be my guest," Evelyn said.

"All right, took care of business," JJ said coming back out to the kitchen.

"Look at me," John B said grabbing ahold of JJ's arms, "If you keep going down this road, you're gonna end up just like your dar, do--"

JJ grabbed ahold of John B's collar making Evelyn jump.

"You watch your mouth, man," JJ said lowly, "Aren't you tired of being messed with?"

"That's not the point, JJ," John B said.

"Cause I am," JJ said letting go of his shirt.

"JJ, come on," Evelyn said following JJ toward the door.

"All right, so we're looking at about four grand each for reparation of putting us through that bullshit," JJ said walking toward Kiara, Pope, and Sarah, "Sorry about that ya'll."