Chapter 14: Wanna Bet?

"She says she's not coming," Pope said walking out of The Wreck.

"Why not?" JJ asked.

"What did you do?" Evelyn asked looking at John B.

"Shit," John B said grabbing his steering wheel, "Hang on. I'll deal with it."

"I bet he kissed her," Evelyn said sitting back in her seat as John B had gone into The Wreck.

"What? No way," JJ said.

"Yeah John B does not have the balls for that," Pope said.

"All right you guys wanna bet?" Evelyn asked.

"What are the terms?" Pope said.

"You each owe me $5 if John B kissed Kie," Evelyn said.

"And what do we get if we win?" JJ asked.

"I'll give you each $5," Evelyn said.

"Deal," Pope said shaking her hand.

"JJ?" Evelyn asked.

"Mmm," JJ hummed, "I'm thinking something else."

"Like what?" Evelyn said.

"If I win," JJ said turning back to look at the girl, "You have to give me a kiss."

Pope choked on his water as the girl scoffed.

"On the lips," JJ smirked.

Evelyn looked over at Pope who just stared at her wide eyed, "Dude you know she's not gonna-

"Fine," Evelyn said smirking at JJ.

"Really?" JJ asked.

"Yeah," Evelyn said sitting up in her seat so that her lips where just centimeters away from JJ's, "But be prepared to lose."

With that she sat back in her seat leaving the boy hanging with a shocked expression on his face. Her and Pope broke out into laughter.

"Shut up, Pope," JJ snarled.

"That was too good," Evelyn laughed grabbing her stomach.

"Yeah whatever, you won't be laughing when I win," JJ said.

"The look on your face was payment enough," Evelyn laughed as Kie and John B got in the car.

"What are you two laughing about?" Kie laughed looking at Pope and Evelyn.

"Nothing," JJ mumbled.

"Okay," Kie said giving Evelyn the, you'll tell me later right?' look.

Evelyn nodded her head as John B started up the van driving away.

--

"You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked sitting up in the back holding a blunt, "It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?"

"I keep the signal clear," Pope said.

"Dude, okay," JJ said, "Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative. If you got creative then-"

"Pope is creative," Evelyn said.

"Look, I-I know I was wrong about the light house, all right? And pretty much wrong about everything else going on," John B said, "But I was right about one thing. Okay, my dad is trying to tell me something."

The group pulled up to a cemetery, "You have got to be kidding me," Evelyn whispered to herself.

"Come on," John B said.