Chapter 39: The Whole Enchilada

"You sure he got everything?" Kiara asked.

John B, JJ, Kiara, and Evelyn were all sitting on the dock at the chateau. John B had just told them all that Ward had taken all of the gold.

"Every bar," John B said from his spot on the ground, "The whole enchilada."

John B grunted as he pulled off his cast.

"It's not like I expected some happy ending or some shit," John B said throwing his cast.

"John B," Kiara said.

"What Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" he asked.

"You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life," Evelyn said.

"It's fine, see," John B said wiggling his fingers.

"Guys!" Evelyn looked up to see Pope sprinting down the dock toward them, "Guys!"

"What the hell," Evelyn said knowing he was supposed to be in his interview.

"Oh! Oh, God," Pope said breathing heavily and putting his hands on his knees, "I ran all the way here."

"You all right?" John B asked.

"How was the interview, Pope?" JJ asked.

"Don't ask," Pope said, "JB. Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

"It's fine," John B said.

"But--but I don't have a lot of time, an--and I have information that is tactically relevant," Pope said.

"What are you talking about?" Evelyn questioned.

"If you would shut up, I'd tell you," Pope said.

"Pope, come on, man," JJ said.

"Sorry. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane."

Evelyn looked at John B who was now looking at Pope.

"Because it was too heavy," Pope continued, "It needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"

"Gold," JJ said.

"That's right," John B said.

Pope started flailing his hand around, pointing at JJ, "Exactly. Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go."

"Guys we can't give up now," Kiara said standing up.

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asked as everyone looked at John B.

"We're gonna steal that shit back," John B said.

A smile appeared on Evelyn's face, maybe something was finally going to work out for the group.

"Let's do this!" JJ yelled as they ran up the dock and toward John B's van.

--

"We go in there, guns a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy," JJ said putting bullets in the gun, "Abscond with as much gold as possible and vamonos, get the hell out of there."

"Send that shit right down the Intercostal," John B said.

"Wait for the weather," Kiara said.

"Exit to Cuba," Pope said.

"Cuba?" JJ questioned, "No, man, Xcalak, Jewle of the Ycatan."

"Yucatan?" Evelyn questioned.

"Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money," JJ said cocking the gun.