Chapter 37: The Cat's Ass

Evelyn still hadn't heard from JJ and she still also had yet to text Kiara back. As the sun was setting she decided to grab her keys and head over to the chateau. If JJ would be anywhere, it would be there. She knew he wouldn't have gone home to his dad.

By the time she made it to the chateau the sun had completely set. She walked into the dark house, not even attempting to turn on any light because she knew they wouldn't work. The cut was still out of power, which meant there was no electricity to the house.

"JJ!" Evelyn yelled.

After getting no response she turned of the flashlight to her phone and started walking through the house. She check the bedrooms and and the bathroom finding no signs of the boy.

"Where are you," Evelyn whispers walking back out to the kitchen.

She knew that she should have never let him walk away earlier. He didn't need to be alone right now. Evelyn walked back out to her car and getting in it. She dialed JJ's number, the call going straight to voicemail. She put her hand on her keys to start up her car when lights around her lit up.

"What the hell," she said getting out of her car.

She slowly started to walk around the side of the house where she heard noise. As she got to the back she saw JJ in a hot tub with little flamingos floating all around him. He had just popped open a bottle of champagne.

"JJ," Evelyn said.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now," JJ said tipping down the sunglasses that were on his nose, "You should get in here immediately, you hear me?"

JJ proceeded to pour some of the champagne into two glasses, missing most of it. Evelyn looked around at all of the lights and the hot tub sitting in front of her.

"How much did all of this cost?" she asked.

"Uhh...well with the generator, the petrol, oh and the express delivery..." JJ said chuckling, "Pretty much all of it, yeah."

"All of it?" Evelyn asked looking back at him.

"Yeah all of it," JJ said.

"You spent all of that money in one day?" Evelyn questioned.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket," JJ slurred, "But I mean like, come on, look at this! Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me."

Evelyn just started back at the boy.

"Don't look at me like that. Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" JJ said taking off his sunglasses, "Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'...I mean like, you only live once, right? Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on, I know you gotta sexy swimsuit under your clothes."

"In the what?" Evelyn questioned.

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her," JJ said looking at the hot tub, "Oh hey, yo, I almost forgot."

JJ pressed a button on the remote in his hand making a disco ball above him start spinning. Evelyn let out a shaky breath.

"Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode," JJ said, "That's right baby."

"J you could have paid for your restitution," Evelyn said giving the boy a sympathetic look, "Or I don't know we could have used it for supplies so that we could get the rest of the gold.

"Okay, well, you know what? I didn't do that!" JJ said standing up.

Evelyn eyes immediately fell to the bruises all over his torso. She held back tears as she brought her eyes up to meet his.