Chapter 28: I Know Who I'd Choose

"No effigy way!" Kiara yelled.

The group had decided to meet at the chateau to discuss to gold and John B had decided to bring Sarah, which Kiara was not happy about. Evelyn was currently sitting on the arm of the chair JJ sat in, Pope sitting left of her on a stool.

"You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kiara asked.

"Look, all I care about is her cut come out of your share," JJ said.

"You know I don't remember taking a vote," Kiara said looking at John B, "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad bit uncomfortable with all of this," Pope admitted.

"Thank you!" Kiara exclaimed.

"Yeah, this getting to be too much," Evelyn agreed.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B questioned Pope.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably," Pope said.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've seen him," JJ said making Evelyn laugh.

"That's cute, guys," John B said.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," Kiara said looking at Sarah.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah said, speaking up for the first time.

"Then leave," Kiara said.

"I told you," Sarah scoffed looking at John B.

"Told him what, exactly?" Kiara asked, "That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch," Sarah said.

"Excuse me," Evelyn said standing up, but immediately being pulled back down by JJ onto his lap.

"When have I ever lied?" Sarah asked.

"My money's on Kie," JJ said holding up some money while the girls continued to argue.

Evelyn snatched JJ's money out of his hand glaring back at the boy.

"Everybody shut up!" John B yelled making everyone shut their mouths, "Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah you're...you're my...girlfriend."

Evelyn snapped her head toward John B, "That's new."

"She's your girlfriend now?" Kiara asked, "What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asking looking at John B.

"No," John B replied.

"Yeah, you did," Evelyn said not believing what she was hearing.

"You said those things," JJ agreed.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B said, "I didn't expect it."

"Oh so we're calling this love now," Evelyn said motioning between the two teens.

"It just--it kind of happened," John B said, "And I'm not gonna deny it. Right?"

"Oh, that's corny," Pope whispered.

"Cut the bullshit, John B," Kiara said, "If she's in, I'm out."

"If Kie's out, I'm out," Evelyn agreed, sticking with her best friend.

"I'm not doing this with you two," John B said looking at the girls.

"You are going to decide," Kiara said.