Chapter 9

Later that night, I'm in my kitchen, making my grandma's favorite cake. She used to make that all the time when I was a little kid. It took me several tries before I actually got it tasting the way hers did.
You needed flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, salted butter, instant coffee, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract.

It was not an easy thing to carry out. It took almost three hours to make it. A few moments ago, I finished mixing the ingredients. I'm waiting on the oven to pre-heat as I'm scrolling through my new phone.

I got a Samsung s22. I am more of an Android type of girl than an iPhone. They are just too basic for me; I don't know. I like how I can change my themes on them. Last Christmas, I had this cutest little Grinch theme going on.

It had taken me around an hour at the phone store. The sales agent kept trying to sell me the new iPhone, but I stuck to my guns and got the phone I went in to buy. I ended up finding only one cute case for it. It's pink with sparkles and a black pop socket.

I'm going to end up ordering a new case off the internet, anyway. I can't stand not having a screen protector on my phone. Finger marks while I'm trying to read an e-book just annoys the hell out of me.

My next stop after the phone store was the grocery store. It took a while to gather everything on my list for the cake

Ingredients, but finally, I had all that packed inside my buggy. I spent the rest of my time they're going down every aisle and grabbed things off the shelves that I need.

Dr. Pepper? Check.

Sunflower seeds? Check. I quit smoking a few weeks ago so that hand motion while eating sunflower seeds is the best thing to stop me from getting those cigarette cravings.

Cheetos puffs? Check.

Ice cream? Check. Double Dutch.

I have also gotten more things, but those were top of my list to make sure I got. Being that I'm using my oven tonight, I'm making spaghetti. I really require one of those dual ovens. I could bake chicken like I had originally planned and baking my cake at the same time.

They hella expensive, though.

One thing I had forgotten, though, was coffee. That means I'll have to travel back to the grocery store tomorrow morning. I need caffeine. I seriously cannot move about my day without a cup of the life nectar that's called coffee.

Preferably Carmel kind.

Yummy.

It's not like I had anything else planned tomorrow anyway. I was thinking about checking out the Sleepy Sheep bar I had seen in town.

Maybe I could make a friend so that I'll have someone to do things with on the weekends instead of staying home.

People at the grocery store gave me space. I, half expected some nosy individuals to ask me about myself, but none did. I wish they did, though. It would be nice to have a conversation with someone who wasn't at the 911 center or the police station.

Speaking of the police station, I can't believe Officer Chandler. I'll have to go to the DMV soon, else I'll end up with another ticket, thanks to that asshat. How can he be so good-looking and be so rude at the same time?

I'm not seeking any type of relationship. I know myself well enough, and I will admit I will have major trust issues, and I'm still not over what my ex and ex-best friend did to me.

But I'm not blind. I'm not blind, and I am a young woman. I appreciate a good-looking man and Officer Chandler is a really, really good-looking man.

Too bad, he is a total asshole.