Chapter 16

As soon as I slid into Anna's car, I heard her cat calling. I didn't even close the door, yet before she hypes me up.
“Look at you! You look hot!” She screeched playfully.

So does she.

She is wearing a black dress, strapless, with will lace designs going across in several spots. “Look who's talking.” I giggled and closed the door.

“You ready to hit it?” She asked as she put the car in drive and pulled out of my driveway.

Of course, I'm reading to hit it. I didn't get this dressed up for anything. Sheesh.

Therefore, I inform her I am indeed ready to hit it.

“Hell yeah” I mimicked her screech of excitement, causing her to laugh.

“You will love my brother's friends, they are cool. They treat me like a child” She stops to roll her eyes before adding, “but they still cool”

“No offense, but I'd rather not come into contact with your brother on my first night out.” I groaned and glanced pitiful as I looked over at her.

“He will be there. They hang there every Friday night. It's a standing tradition. The rest of the weekend they used to relax at home or go fishing. You know. Whatever men like to do, but on Fridays, it's Sheep night.” She informed me.

“It will be fine” I said and decided that whatever happens tonight happens. I'll try my hardest to stay out of Cedric's way as long as he does the same.

I have not spoken to him, or seen him in days. While driving to work, I make damn sure I don't go even three miles over the speed limit. I do not want to give him any excuse to fuck with me. It was nice of him to check the cameras, but still, what he said before leaving my house that not was just rude. He is too cocky for his own good.

Fifteen minutes later, we are walking into the Sleepy Sheep. Can I just say I love the name? It's so different, still, I wonder what made the owner name his bar after Sheep.

The loud country music hits my ears as Anna drags me to the bar and slides into a barstool. I follow her lead, but being I'm a lot shorter than her, I don't slide on to mine. I more like climb like a monkey onto mine, causing her to chuckle and me to roll my eyes at her chuckle. I hope nobody else but her laughing ass seen that, and I hope I also didn't flash anybody my red lace panties.

Probably shouldn't have picked that color out. I thought it would be sexy, but it's not like anyone will be seeing them, anyway.

“Hush” I playfully scold her.

She laughed and stuck her tongue out at me before turning towards the man behind the bar and used her knuckles to loudly knock on it. “Sup Conor. Seen my dear bro yet tonight?”

The man behind the counter shot her an annoyed look after she knocked and stared her down before informing her, “No, I have not Anna.”

“Hmm. We need too Lemon Margaritas.” She ordered before turning towards me and adds, “They are the best.”

“They sound good” I yell at her over the music. While the bartender, who I learned his name is Conor, is making our drinks and Anna is busy checking on her emails, I take the time to look around.

It's an older joint, looks like it's been in the family for a long time. The walls are a dark wooden brown, along with the floors. Two dartboards hang on the wall, as well as a pool table in the far-left corner. The building doesn't look that big on the outside, but on the inside it's huge. More like a club than a little town bar.

It's impressive.

“Name?” I heard the man, Conor, asked as I was busy checking out the locals on the dance floor. A few younger women were wearing clothing that was far too tight, showing off much too many girly bits on the top, and the men were loving it.