Chapter 38

"Why are you doing this?" I demanded to know as I tried to jerk my hand out of his hold as we walked around the restaurant towards the front door. "Let me go." I growled, not wanting anyone to overhear what was happening and someone get hurt because of me.

"I'm doing this because you're mine. You should thank me," He growled and tightened his grip on my shoulder and pressed the tip of the gun harder into my back.

"Thanking you? What the fuck do I have to thank you for? Terrifying me? Breaking into my home? Cumming on my panties?" I asked him, as my eyes locked onto Cedric. His talking with my coworkers and looking towards the women's bathroom. An uneasy frown formed on his lips.

I should have listened.

He said something didn't feel right.

He stated his gut was telling him I wasn't safe, and I didn't listen. Instead, I guilt-tripped him into staying in the seat and speaking with my friends.

I just wanted him to get to know them. I didn't want this asshole's doings to cause us to keep ourselves locked away from everyone.

"You didn't love the gift I left you? You are so hot, I couldn't help myself." He whispered against my ear, causing a shiver of disgust to rock through my body.

"No, I didn't like some lunatic cumin on my panties." I informed him and knew I should have kept my mouth shut because he snarled and pushed that damn gun harder into my back, making tears form in my eyes from the pain. "Please stop."

"It's your fault. I did all this because you wouldn't be with me." He growled and dragged me into the parking lot. "You don't even fucking remember me, do you?"

"It's not my fault you hurt those women, you're sick. Fucking disgusting." I shouted and tried to jerk my body away from his now that we were outside and everyone else was safe. "Let me go."

"It is! We met before." He informed me as he walked us up towards a black SUV. "When you came down to pick up the keys to your new house. Don't you remember?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? The only place I went to when I was here, was to my house to grab the damn keys!" I cried, my braving fading as we got further and further away from the restaurant and from Cedric.

"I was there. When you sighed, those fucking papers! You see, this is what's wrong with women. They see me, and then they see someone like Chandler and think, oh the second option's better. I saw you first. You are mine, and he stole you from me." The man screamed in my face, and that's when I remembered his face.

I know him.

I didn't talk to him, though.

He is the son of the old couple I got the house from. He was down sighing papers when I came and got my key. He had kept smiling at me and made me a little but uncomfortable, and I tried keeping my distance those two hours that I was here.

"Remember me now, you cheating bitch?" He asked, tone turning dangerously cold.

"Yes. Your Jacob. The son of the couple that used to live in my home. Why are you doing this? I didn't do you anything." I cried, confused, and trying to think back to that meeting. I didn't even talk to him much. All I said was nice to meet you.

That was it.

"You smiled at me." He whispered as he unlocked the SUV and shoved me into the back seat. "And when you smiled at me, I knew you belonged to me." He growled before slamming the door shut.

I tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. It must be child locked. "Please, someone help me." I screamed and pounded my fist into the glass, attempting to break it open. "Help me. Cedric!"