Chapter 19

Avery's P.O.V
My phone alarm wakes me up the next morning. It pulls me out of my dream. I was little, with my parents on a vacation. It was just a simple vacation. We had gone to the beach, but those brief memories are what I hold close to my heart.

I stretch out my arms and yawn before reaching over to my nightstand and grabbing my phone to check the time. Nine am. That's not too bad. I figured I'd sleep later than that. I scroll through my notifications and seen that Anna's texted me three times.

Oops.

Anna - You made it home?

Anna – If you don't text me, I'm going to call my brother. Did he piss you off? Whatever he did, it's not my fault Aves.

Anna – You better call me when you wake up. I'm worried.

Crap. Now I feel bad. I was supposed to message her when I made it back home, but dealing with Cedric took all my energy out and oh shit. I completely forgot that he slept over last night. I wonder if he is still here. I quickly type Anna a message as I climb out the bed.

Me – I'm sorry. It's a long story, but your brother fell asleep on my couch. I didn't want him to. I went to bed. I'm sorry I made you worry, Ann.

I tossed my phone on the bed and tiptoed out of my bedroom, heading straight for the living room to see whether he was still sleeping on my couch or not. Maybe he is an eailer riser and was long gone from my couch and my home.

A relieved sigh slips passed my lips as I walk into my living room and notice that he is gone. I check around the room to make sure he wasn't sleeping anywhere else and was happy when he was nowhere to be seen.

With a smile on my face, I head towards the kitchen. I really need some coffee. I think I drank too much last night. No, never mind I don't think. I know I did.

As soon as I stepped into my kitchen, I tripped over my feet and went down on my knees. I glance back up and see Cedric standing behind my kitchen counter, cracking eggs.

What in the heck does he think he is doing?

First, he forces himself on my couch, now his making breakfast in my kitchen without asking me.

“What are you doing?” I demanded as I climbed to my feet, sharing at him with my mouth hanging open. “I thought you would be gone by now. Its nine am.” I informed him, in case he didn't know.

“Making breakfast.” He stated the obvious and cracked another egg.

“Making breakfast?” I asked puzzled. Why is he making breakfast? He could make breakfast at his own home.

“Yup. Want some?” He asked, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched me.

“Do I want some?” I whispered, still unsettled. My heads pounding. I really need some coffee and food. But I need him out of my kitchen.

“Yeah, babe. Want some eggs?”

“Um you-”

“Making eggs. You want some?”

“I don't think-”

“It's a simple question, beautiful. Want some eggs or not?” He repeated and smiled. Goodness, he has a beautiful smile. Teeth all straight and white.

Shut the fuck up, Avery. He is too bossy. He forces his way, and he is annoying and smirks way too much.

I put on my big girl panties and said, “You need to go. I appreciate you driving me home last night, but now it's time for you to leave. Leave the mess you made, I'll clean it.”