Chapter 34

“I'm so happy you talked my brother into y'all coming out tonight.” Anna said excitedly as soon as she saw us walk through the door. “I was this close-” She raised her fingers towards my face, inches apart. “To busting through that gate and rescuing you.”

“If you would remember the code, you wouldn't have to bust through my very expensive gate.” Cedric sighed before placing his arm over my shoulders and kissing the side of my head. “I'm going to the bar. Need anything?” He asked me.

“No babe, I'm good. Go.” I ordered and kissed his cheek. “We are having fun tonight, remember?”

“Yeah I remember.” He grunted, not sounding very enthusiastic about us being here. “I'll be watching you.”

“Don't sound so creepy, brother. You don't need to watch her. I got her.” Anna whined, annoyed, and shoved her brother away from us.

“I don't want anything to happen. She doesn't go to the bathroom alone, and neither of you go outside without coming to get me first.” He informed us of the rules he had done told me before we got out of his truck and walked towards the bar.

“Girl, I don't know how you deal with that.” Anna sighed and downed her shot. “Let's go” She ordered and dragged me towards the bar.

“His got a cute ass” I shrugged and laughed, knowing full well that's not the real reason I put up with his overbearing ways.

“Eww. I don't wanna talk about my brother's ass." She cried while hopping onto the bar stool.

“What about my ass?” Cedric asked confused, and grabbed the beer that Conor handed him over the bar.

“Nothing.” I shouted. He doesn't need to know what I just said.

Nope.

“Avery thinks you got a cute ass." Anna sighed before ordering. “Another lemon drop Con.”

“Oh, you do, babe?” Cedric laughed, pulled me against his body.

I will admit, it was good to hear him laugh. He has been so worried that he needs to have a good time tonight, just as much as I did.

“Hush it.” I snarled, embarrassed that we were having this conversation in front of one of his best friends.

“I think your ass is more than cute, it's sexy.” Cedric smirked and playfully squeezed my ass.

“Behave cop." I fussed at him but didn't move his hand around, instead, I pushed my ass back into his hand. “Remember what I said about later.” I whispered, winked at him before turning around and ordering myself a lemon drop.

“Oh god. I'm right here.” Anna whined dramatically before pulling me out of Cedric's arms and towards the dance floor. “Enough of that. It's girls' night. You hog her enough, bro.” Anna informed Cedric as we headed towards the dance floor.

“Have fun, babe." Cedric told me as I looked back and blew him a kiss and followed Anna to the dance floor falling attending to forget about everything that's worrying me tonight and just have fun.

Cedric's P.O. V

“So?” Conor asked me as he grabbed himself a beer and leaned against the countertop.

“So what?” I asked, faking confused just to work him up.

“Bro, what's the story? Come on. I barely seen you. You have been all locked up in your house with that girl. What's up? Y'all dating?” He asked, annoyance lacing his tone as he gave me a hard look.

“We are dating. You remember the case Lucas and I told you about?” I asked him and waited for his nod before I continued. “The suspect is obsessed with Avery. We found pictures of Avery next to the first victim and I didn't tell Avery this, but the second victim was found two nights ago.” I sighed and squeezed the beer glass I was holding a little too tightly, making it crack inside my hand. “Fuck.” I growled and put the glass down on the counter. “Sorry, bro.”

“Nah man. It's all good.” He said before grabbing a napkin and placing it under my not cracked beer. “I'm sorry, brother. Do you need anything? Avery needs anything?” He asked, concerned for me and my girl.

“No man were good. Just a lot going off. Shit is so fucked up. The man who's doing this is an insane motherfucker. His raping them and cutting off their hair, Conor.” I snarled, as he handed me a fresh beer.

This will be my last one. I need to drive, and I didn't come here to get drunk. I came out tonight because my girl needed it. I need to stay sober in case something happens, and I need to keep her safe.

“Fuck man, that's sick.” Conor growled, looking disgusted. “I'm here if you need. I could go over to your place and stay with Avery while you're on the case. Whatever you need brother, you know that.”

“I know man. I appreciate it Con.” I told him, feeling extremely grateful for my friends and family right now. Not only do they care and look out for me, but they are willing to do that for my girl too and that means everything to me.

Avery's P.O. V

Two hours later and I'm already drunk. Anna and I have been dancing the entire time since I got here, and my legs legit can't move anymore. “Pool?” I asked her in a hopeful tone, pleading with her to give my legs a break.

“Hell yeah.” She cheered, and we headed towards the poop table, only to remember that we sucked.

“Okay, we got this.” Anna yelled five minutes later when she was trying her hardest to knock the yellow, soiled ball into the pocket.

“Yes you do.” I cheered her on, keeping my eyes on the ball, willing it to go in that hole, but it didn't. It went flying hard off the table and bounced against the wall.

“Oh shit.” She cried and swung her gaze towards the bar to make sure Conor didn't see that. “Were good.” She declared and handed me the stick.

“Thank goodness.” I sighed, not wanting to get fussed at by him. I'm having too much fun for all that.

We played a few more games, neither of us winning against the other. We kept forgetting the score. Once we were done, we decided that we both won the game and went back to dancing.

The bar was closing when Cedric came up behind me and whispered in my ear. “How drunk are you?”

“Pretty tipsy.” I shouted over the music and turned myself around in his arm to face him.

“Did I tell you how hot you look in the dress, baby?” Cedric asked and warmth flashed across his eyes and he looked down at my body.

“You told me when we left the house, but I mean you can tell me one more time.” I whispered, feeling my face heating up, knowing I'm blushing over this man.

“You look so fucking sexy, Avery. I can't keep my eyes or hands off you, babe.” He growled and pulled my body harder against his.

“I don't want you to.” I told him, staring into his eyes and grinning. “I did give my consent, cop. What are you going to do about it?"

“Let's go.” He demanded and started to drag me playfully towards the exit.

“Wait, I got to tell Anna bye.” I shouted and started looking around for her, but I didn't see her. She was just here next to me. Jesus, that girls fast.

“She already left, babe. Lucas is giving her a ride home. Come on. Let's go home, so I can show you just how fucking much I want you right now.” He groaned before slowly kissing me.

Moaning into his mouth, I press my lips harder against his, wanting to feel more of his body against mine and this isn't enough. “Let's go.” I smirked, grabbed his hand and pulled him behind me as I headed out the door straight towards his truck.

Tonight's the night I officially make this man mine.