Chapter 17

The next few hours, Anna and I were both much drunker than we intended to get. She carried on ordering drinks, and I continued on drinking them. It's not her fault, though. I know when to stop, I just chose not to. Instead, I kept on drinking, dancing and even learned to play pool.

After Anna and I watched Cedric and his partner and also best friend Lucas hog the pool table for thirty minutes, Anna practically laid herself across the pool table, demanding that it was our turn.

Cedric and Lucas either were done playing or just didn't want to deal with her tantrum, but they both handed us their cue sticks, stepped back.

We were horrible at it. We kept knocking the ball so hard with the pool stick that they ended up flying off the table and onto the floor with loud bangs. One even hit the wall.

My fault.

I never played before. I tried telling her I never played before and wouldn't be good at it, but she didn't want to hear it. She still wanted to play and taunted that she could beat me. The thing was, she was just as bad as me. I don't know if it's because she never played or because she was too drunk, but she was sucking too.

We were both so horrible and kept shooting the balls off the table so much that Conor stomped over from the bar and marched towards us.

“You girls need to either lay down those sticks or have them show you how to shoot, cause you're gonna fuck up my walls and floors.” He growled before heading back towards the bar where a woman is waiting and watching us, Anna and I, hate filling her eyes.

“That's the baby mama.” Anna came over and whispered in my ear. "She is a bitch. Makes his life hell and he puts up with it for his son. They had them young. I think he is around six years old. Maybe five."

That explains his shit mood.

“Come on.” Cedric grinned and took the pool stick from my hand and bent over the table. “Put your fingers like this.” He wrapped his fingers around the stick and looked up to make sure I was watching before adding” Push it gently but hard at the same time. Shoot down. Not up.” He said before handing me back the stick.

I took the stick from him, my hands shaking from being so close to him. I slowly shake the fog out of my head and bend over the table, took a deep breath, prayed to God that I got it right and shot.

The white ball hit one of the stripped ones, which was Anna's, but I did it. The ball went super, super close to the hole. I call that a success.

Definitely a win.

“Yay!” Anna cheered and pumped her hands into the air. “You go girl”

“Yay!” I whooped back, jumped up and down and laughed along with her in my drunken state.

“Good job.” Cedric whispered so low that I'm sure nobody else heard it but me. I didn't say anything back to him. I was too excited about finally hitting a ball. Anna and I didn't even care that we kept hitting each other's balls.

“You have to hit the right ones, are neither of you will win.” Grumped Lucas, who continued shaking his head at us.

“We don't care.” Laughed Anna as she hit the white ball again into one of mine, and that time it went shooting straight into a hole in the left corner. “Hell yeah” she hollered.

Both men gave up on us and left us alone and headed towards the dartboard.

“They are just party poppers. They play to win. We just play to have some fun.” Anna fussed and stuck her tongue at her brother's back.

“Men are like that. Their pride rules them sometimes, and they want to be top dogs at everything they do.” Informed her drunkenly and felt my body swaying to the right.