10. platonic kisses

Luca has been very persistent to take me out on a date

Luca has been very persistent to take me out on a date. Ever since agreeing and giving him my phone number at the cafe, he's been texting me since. I know that when I start my job at the restaurant on Monday that I'm going to have little time to do things, meaning Luca said we should do it as soon as possible.

After her night out to celebrate getting a job, River showed me around town with the best bars with the group. The warmth that I experienced in my heart knowing that they wanted to spend time celebrating my successes.

River is lucky to have friends like them.

As Saturday rolls around, Luca texts to say that he's booked dinner for the two of us tonight. Part of me is slightly anxious at the idea of going on an actual date, I've never been on a date in my life.

What do you even talk about?

I wish Liam was here to help me prepare or at least talk me through what I should and shouldn't do. He was never shy of female attention. He was tall with dark hair and light eyes, and girls' gazes used to be like magnets towards him.

I'm sure he would have had some great advice for me. But now I'm going to have to pretend that he's here watching over me. Supporting me from above. I know I won't feel alone no matter what.

I stare at myself in the mirror for a few more seconds than usual. Luca sent me the address of the restaurant and I took a look at the website so I know what to wear. I like to be prepared before feeling over or underdressed.

So I settle for a light blue long sleeved shirt with a white t-shirt underneath and jeans. Nothing too fancy but nothing too casual. I think this is date attire.

When I leave my apartment, I realise that I've left stupidly early but I hate getting lost or being late. I don't mind waiting if I know I'm on time and in the right place, if anything it calms my nerves and I'll have a better night.

Surprisingly Luca is already waiting outside, hands shoved into his pockets as he glances up and down the road. I first noticed that his hair is styled, swept into one direction but falls across his forehead with perfection. He's wearing a black shirt and dark trousers with a silver chain that hangs low in the centre of his chest.

His eyes light up when he spots me down the pavement, then he takes one glance over my outfit and then my face. The smile that covers his lips makes my stomach roll inside me, I've never had someone look at me like that.

"Hi," he steps closer, meeting me halfway.

"Hi," I smile at him timidly. I hate that I all of a sudden feel conscious.

Luca's eyes take in my shirt and then my face again. "You look great."

"Thanks," my cheeks begin to leak with blood. "So do you."

He flashes me a large grin and then beckons his head back to the restaurant. "Shall we?"

I nod in his direction and walk with him, then the waiter guides us through the restaurant and I glance around at the pizzas and pasta on people's tables. My stomach growls at the smell of cooked tomato and melted cheese.