28. caught kissing

Today is the day of our weekend trip away

Today is the day of our weekend trip away. I can tell that we've all been dying to get away together, even Mason–which is a shock. Troy hired out a minivan to take us to Tree Falls National Park with all our camping gear.

Demi sits in the front with him despite the fact that Mason called shotgun, she wins the girlfriend priority there. Alex sits next to me as we play a stupid game that Troy demanded we play because he's driving and needs the fun he's missing out on.

Mason and Luca begin to get into a heated debate over which country is the most populated. I turn to Alex and he raises his eyebrows in my direction. Right there with you. I think in my head.

"I hope the rest of the journey goes quickly," I murmur into his ear.

Alex smiles. "It's not so bad. Least we don't have to be the ones driving."

This makes me snort quietly. "True. Fuck driving these lunatics around."

"Alright!" Troy shouts from the front to break up Luca and Mason's loud arguing. "I'm done with hearing you shout. New question, and no fucking shouting. I'm trying to drive calmly, not like a maniac because you two can't keep it down."

Luca rolls his eyes at Mason and sinks back into his seat. "Not my fault Mason hasn't read a fucking book in his life."

"Hey–"

"Shhhhh," Demi turns around to face us. "Let's not murder each other before we even get there. Anyway, it's my turn."

Troy leans over to cup Demi's knee gently, encouraging her to go on for the peace inside this van. "Okay, what is the biggest animal on this planet?"

"Easy," Mason leans back into the seat. "Blue whale."

"Sometimes it's nice to let other people have a chance to answer, Mase," I cup his shoulder from the back seat.

He glances over at me. "Then maybe you lot should be quicker."

Luca stifles a laugh. "Classic."

I watch as Alex huffs out a sigh from beside me, then he subtly rests his head on my shoulder when Mason turns away. My eyes move to the window and I smile at the beautiful scenery around us. We must be close because there is land for miles with tall skyscraper trees and windy roads.

"There it is!" Demi presses a hand to the window and grins.

We all turn to that side of the van and glance out the window at the massive sigh that signals we are entering Tree Falls National Park.

"Hallelujah," Luca looks up at the ceiling. "Get me out of this car now."

"I need a wee," Demi nods in agreement as she turns around to him.

Alex prods my side with a smile. "Ready to pitch our tent?"

"With your dad's instructions, it's going to go up in five minutes."