44. i need help

He's right here

He's right here. Standing right here in front of me. His eyes are red from obvious crying and I want nothing more than to cradle him in my arms but I don't, I give him the time he wants to do and say whatever.

I study his eyes as they flick over my face, his lips part but nothing comes out. He closes his mouth and then does it again. After a few moments he lowers his head, words failing him right now.

But then he inhales a breath and flicks his gaze back to mine.

"Did you do all of this?"

"Ummm..." I begin to scratch the back of my head and glance around at the dispersing crowd. I don't want to take all the credit for the amazing performers today and everyone that helped out to make this possible. "Yeah, it was my idea."

Alex's eyes begin to glitter with tears against the beaming sunlight. He's about to cry again but before the tears fall he steps forward and wraps his arms around my neck, pulling my body into his. My head rests against his shoulder and I wrap my arms around his lower back, inhaling deeply.

My eyes flutter shut at this moment. This moment I've craved for weeks.

Just to hold him. To have him like this again.

I can hear his heart go crazy in his chest, no doubt mine is the same.

"Thank you," he whispers into my ear.

My grip on him increases and I let out a little breath that I've been holding. I never want to leave his arms and yet I still don't know where our future lies. I hope he has it in him to forgive me for not being truthful, one of the most important things that is needed in a relationship.

After a few moments Alex pulls away and wipes his eyes. "Could we go somewhere to talk?" He asks and my blood rushes around my body.

I take down a breath and throw my thumb over my shoulder. "I need to help pack everything away first, I can't really just leave."

"Let me help," he says.

"You don't need to do that."

"I insist," his head begins to shake. "Let me just go say goodbye to my dad first."

I nod once. "Alright."

Alex stares at me for a moment more before turning and walking towards his father who has already been watching us. I turn back to the small stage and help unplug the cables and dismantle the stage.

"Who's that?" Lacey asks as she joins me by the stage.

"Alex," I glance up at her. "Liam's brother."

Her eyes widen. "Oh, he came. That's so wonderful. Did he enjoy the performance?"

I smile back at her and nod. "Yeah, I think so."

Soon Alex comes back over to my side and Lacey smiles at him. "Hey, I'm River's manager, Lacey."