30. three bottles of wine

When we left to go home the next day, I had the car journey home to think about what happened yesterday

When we left to go home the next day, I had the car journey home to think about what happened yesterday. Alex holds my hand in the back without anyone looking at us and asking what's going on.

Luca has been quiet but I suppose he's digesting things himself. I fear that he's going to take some space from us but we've been friends for years and I don't want this to end a friendship. He means a lot to me and I want him to be happy.

But coming out to my friends. Both terrifying and relieving. I didn't think any of them would have a problem, though you always have that worry in the back of your mind. They prove to me that friends do support you, no matter what and I'm happy that I can owe that to Alex. Even if he says that he would have waited until I was ready.

Maybe I was ready, I just needed his support.

When we get back to our apartment building, I invite Alex inside. It's safe to say that we are exhausted but some time away from Mason's petty comments and Luca's moping, I'm happy to be alone with Alex.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, now in the comfort of our own company.

I turn to him with a sharp nod. "Better than I expected."

Alex walks towards me slowly, pulling off his jacket and draping it across the back of the sofa. "Sure?" He quirks an eyebrow.

"Yeah," my lips curl into a smile. "It feels like a weight off my shoulders now. I just wish it was in different circumstances and not hurting Luca in the process."

"Me too," he inhales and glances away. "I feel so awful for him but I told him that the right person will come. He said that he wants to focus on himself and his own happiness. I really hope he does it."

My eyebrows raise at the same time. "For his sake? I hope so too. That boy needs some serious self care. I hope he doesn't act weird around us now."

Alex's mouth slants to the side slowly and he wraps his arms around my shoulders, feeling the warmth of his skin on mine. "I'm sure he won't. He said he was happy for us and I believe him."

"Same," I nod. I did believe him even through the hurt in his eyes. "But I'm glad that I'm out to them now. Only true friends stay and they have so far."

His eyes sparkle against the dim lighting of my apartment, his grey gaze soft. "They're great friends," he murmurs. "Troy and Demi, those sort of people you can only come across once in a lifetime. Mason, not so sure about him."

My lips stretch into a wide smile. "True but you are the only type of person you come across once in a lifetime. Trust me, I've met a lot of people and none of them compare to you."

Alex's cheeks invade with a soft blush, lighting up his face. "You can't take my words and use them for yourself," he mocks me with narrowed eyes.

"Oh, really?" I hum and lean down to peck his lips.