34. butt plugs

"Happy birthday, Luca," Alex says as we walk through the restaurant that he decided to book for his birthday

Alex holds up a bag that we brought along with us with some presents he purchased a few days ago. Luca pushes his chair out from underneath him and walks around the table where Troy and Demi are already sitting.

"Hey," he beams at my boyfriend. "Thanks for coming."

Luca wraps his arms around Alex and then thanks him for the presents. "Happy birthday, man." I say clapping him on the shoulder.

"Thanks guys," he grins. "Sit down. We've already ordered some wine and bread with aioli."

"Mmmm," Alex's eyes shoot wide. "Good. I'm starving."

I sit down beside Alex and we say hello to the rest of the group. "Where's Mason?"

"He's still on his way from work," Troy says, leaning his arm on the back of Demi's chair.

Luca shrugs. "Oh well, you're all here and that's all I need."

We pour ourselves some wine and I watch Alex as he digs into the french bread and garlic dip. He said he's been worked off his feet today and barely had a chance to eat, despite the fact he works in a kitchen.

"How's your day been?" Alex asks, a mouth full of bread.

Luca sighs. "So-so," he shakes his hand. "Been working. Mum needed the extra help today because we had a delivery but I'm glad that I'm out tonight."

Demi leans her arm across the table and wiggles her eyebrows in Luca's direction. "At least you got a visit from your new husband."

"Who?" Alex's eyes shoot wide with eagerness.

"Shhhh," he hisses at Demi.

Demi beams at him. "That guy who has been coming into the cafe like every single day."

Luca presses a hand to his head, dismissing her. "People come into the cafe all the time, multiple times at that. Maybe he has a leak at his house or his office and needs somewhere to work."

"Or..." Demi draws out. "He's come to see you."

"Don't be so ridiculous. He is a man. I am merely a barista to him. A nobody."

Demi rolls her eyes. "He told me his name."

I watch as Luca's mouth falls open. "Because you asked him what his name was. He probably thinks I'm like obsessed with him or something but really it's you who is pushing this on me."

She holds up her hands in defence. "I've done nothing but as a regular customer their name to make their experience at the cafe better. Your mum would be proud of me."

"And this mystery man's name is?" Alex quirks a brow.

"Declan," Demi grins and then winks at Luca.

Luca presses his palms flat to the table. "It is never going to happen. Despite the fact that I think he's attractive–stupidly attractive at that–It's not going to happen. He probably has a wife and kids and lives in a massive mansion in the fucking hills."