Chapter 4: The Greater Good

My vision is foggy when I finally wake up to the sound of hoof beats. As I break my daze there are 4 large horses surrounding me with large men riding them. They are decorated with black paint, animal hides, furs, weapons, and what seem to be bones.

Most of all, I can't take my eyes away from the horses around me. I had only ever seen a horse in a tv show from the old world.

I turn my head to see Finn, Jasper, Octavia, and Monty walking beside me, hands tied as well. Octavia's face is badly cut, and she is dripping blood. Monty and Jasper seem to be alright, but Finn has a large bruise forming around his eye. I meet Finn's glance and we share a worried look through our eyes.

"Emo're awant." [They're awake.] One of the warriors calls from beside me, signaling to the others to start moving.

I barely have time to process what is happening before a rope attached to my wrists violently pulls me forward.

I glance towards Finn again who directs my gaze towards his sleeve. In it, is a small knife made from the dropships metal. I nod to him as he discreetly begins to shred the rope.

----------------

"It's stocked with plenty of food and other supplies including radios to signal back to us." Jaha explains.

Raven nods hesitantly, afraid for the journey ahead of her. She sits down in the pilot's seat, getting accustomed to the controls.

"Holy shit!" She exclaims as her fingers trail over the hundreds of buttons and switches decorating the walls of the metal spacecraft.

"Is this an Astro-400? I read about this!" She continues.

"So, you're familiar?"

"Hell, yeah I am!"

"Good."

The excitement drains from Raven's face as she fiddles with her metal necklace for comfort, allowing herself to nod.

"I know you're afraid. I would be too. What you're doing will save all of our lives."

She nods again, fixing her helmet.

-------------------

2 of the 4 warriors had ridden off ahead of us to scout the terrain ahead, while the other 2 remained guarding us with their horses.

Finn has finally managed to saw through his part of the rope, given that he only was able to use 1 of his hands, he made good time. I knew I needed to cause a distraction so he could help the others.

Looking down, I had nothing to throw, not that I could with my wrists bound. I decided to use my voice instead. I looked over to the others one more time for confirmation before screaming as loud as I could.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I yelled, causing some birds around us to fly away.

I screamed for as long as I could until my face was red and hot, and my head began to hurt. One of the warriors jumped down from his horse and approached me. He made a fist and rose his arm as if to punch me but before he could, Finn slid his knife through his neck with his freed hands, killing him instantly. The large man lies dead in front of us, leaving me speechless.

Quickly, before the other warrior had gotten down, Finn sliced through Octavia's rope and handed her the knife to free Monty and Jasper.

The other warrior shouted something in another language before drawing a large knife from his sheath and descending from his horse. Without thinking, Finn ran into the large warrior, in an attempt to knock him down.

Unfortunately, the warrior was much taller, larger, and stronger than Finn was, so he hardly lost balance as Finn rammed himself into him. In retaliation, the warrior rose his sword and sliced Finn's left arm, causing a massive cut. He shrieks in pain, still attempting to hold the man back from Octavia, Monty, and Jasper.