Chapter 55: Trust Kills faster than War

Bellamy's POV-

Seven long miles later, I shuffle my feet at the gates of Arkadia. It's roughly 8am but I find myself with the same amount of fear as when I first left.

Beyond the gates, life prevails. Adults begin their workdays: gardening, welding, or guarding each entrance.

I creep to the main gate as I hear the intercom blare, scaring me.

"Bellamy?" It crackles loudly.

"Yep." I say, ashamed.

A loud buzzer noise sounds as the metal gates pull apart, guiding me through.

I drag my feet on the dry soil with a growing feeling of regret and fear building up with each unwilling step.

I throw my murder weapon to the ground, stumbling forward as I guide myself inside to the mess room where people eat their breakfasts.

"The Chancellor." I say to no particular person.

"I need to speak with the Chancellor." I repeat, louder. I catch some concerned stares.

"I need to talk to Abby!!!" I scream into the crowded hall. The large room goes silent as every pair of eyes falls on me.

I feel a gentle hand reach out and touch my back, comforting me.

"Bell?" Octavia whispers, confused.

"Not now O! I need Abby!"

Octavia quickly guides me out of the large room and into a more private one. We pass Monty, Murphy, and Harper on the way and they share Octavia's expression.

"What's going on?!" She demands, noticing the blood splatters on my clothing and skin.

"It could've been so much worse..." I sigh, raking my hands through my messy hair with my eyes frantically darting around the room, not daring to look anyone in the eye.

"What are you talking about?"

I hear the door click open as Abby slides through a thin crack accompanied by a guard and Kane.

"I heard you were looking for me." She speaks.

"Chancellor!" I sigh in relief.

"I'm so, so sorry." I say, on the verge of tears. I shake my head uncontrollably in regret.

"For what, son?" Kane asks.

"Corey, Davis, Brad, and Joe." I state.

"I killed them."

------------------------------------

Lexa's POV-

I sit atop my grand throne trying desperately to pay attention to the war council briefing taking place before me.

"Azgeda has pulled back their armies. They claimed it was training that advanced too close to the Trikru border, but we know Nia better than that. It was a threat." My northern general speaks.

I stare blankly over at him, not processing a single word he says. Instead, I bite the inside of my cheek, rolling my fingertips over the wood on my throne as I reminisce what Clarke and I did here only hours before.

I let my legs part comfortably, mimicking how I sat earlier as she thrusted her hips on my legs.

Indra clears her throat across from me, snapping me out of my daze.

"Heda?" The general asks.

"What?" I snap, refocusing my attention.

"I was asking about your opinion on the matter." He reiterates.