Chapter 36: Stranger from the End

Octavia and I breathlessly march through the halls of level three. We pass dozens of identical patient rooms that are exact, white-washed copies of each other. That is until we reach room 59.

The door is cracked open unlike the rest and a soft Mozart melody pours through the crack of the entrance.

We push the door open and see an older man sitting against the far wall. His clothes are ruffled and his neck rests on the wall behind him. He barely meets our gaze as we open the door.

I don't even feel the urge to raise my weapon, but Octavia does.

"Dante Wallis." She seethes.

"And you must be Octavia Blake? Sister to Bellamy Blake?" He questions. For a man with no weapon, sitting on a tile floor he has a strange confidence about him.

He turns his neck to face me.

"Ah. Clarke Griffin. I've heard much about you. It's a pleasure." He speaks as he pushes himself into a standing position in front of me.

"You're coming with us." I hiss, holding my gun and aiming it towards his head.

"Pleasure to meet you too." He jokes as he follows us out of the room.

--------------------------------

Maya's POV-

I finally reach my destination on the 2nd floor. The ventilation room. I pull a small pouch from my jacket full of serinine powder which was a hallucinogenic drug. I would be safe from it because of my hazmat suit, but the others wouldn't.

The ones from the Ark wouldn't be immune, but they would be resistant to the drug based on the testing I had done.

Carefully, I pour the powder into the main vent and direct the flow to floor 2. A few seconds later, when the drug is gone, I correct the controls as if I had never been here.

I run through the halls once again and towards the lab doors.

"Ahhh!!" I let out a high-pitched scream.

"Maya?" Clarke asks me, almost running into me.

"President Wallis." I notice, unsure of how to act.

"Maya." He states. His tone is surprised but accepting when he realizes I had been working with Clarke and Octavia, and assumingly the rest of the ones from the Ark.

"Maya?" He repeats, glancing in another direction, where I am not.

"What's wrong with him?" Octavia asks.

"Serinine powder." I proudly whisper.

"What?" She responds.

"Don't worry about it. It might affect y'all and the others though, but not as much." I reiterate.

The three of us exchange nods before Clarke pushes Dante forward again towards where are friends are being kept, gun pointing to his head.

------------------------------

Jasper's POV-

My face is heavy and flushed as I watch the 9th one of us be pulled from their chains towards the lab table in the center of the room.

At least 14 armed guards circle the room, watching over us all. I hear my heartbeat echoing and pounding in my throat but ignore it as my focus returns to the screaming the young girl makes as two guards carry her to the metal table.

She kicks and screams with all her might, but it is no use against the large men and their weapons.

They hold her to the table and Dr. Tsing injects her with a paralytic, silencing her movements.