Chapter 18: In Places We Won't Walk

It's been days since I spoke to the Commander and to Anya or even seen them. I mostly stayed in my tent except when I knew they weren't training warriors or near where I would be. But I couldn't hide anymore. Raven and Octavia were here! They radioed that Bellamy wouldn't be coming and obviously Monty couldn't because he had been taken which meant that we would need to act quick to get them all back.

I walk to the edge of the camp. There are guards there among a small forming crowd to watch as the girls make their way inside. The people in the sky were still a foreign concept to most.

Soon, I see them in the distance. My heart immediately swells in disbelief after not seeing them for the past 3 weeks.

From behind me an echo of the phrase, "Heda" is respectfully acknowledged as she makes her way to stand where I am in the front of the group.

"Heda." I bow my head like everyone else. She looks fierce and scary in her traditional armor and warpaint. Her mask is drilled onto her face and her emotions are guarded, even by her eyes.

She nods to me, her hand on her weapon casually.

Raven and Octavia finally approach. Octavia rides well on her own while Raven rides behind a warrior, holding onto him a little to securely.

"Clarke!!" They both exclaim, hopping down from their horses to greet me.

I hug them back, deeply grateful to see them. I feel the Commanders stare on the back of my head as I try to ignore it and live in the moment.

"Heda." They bow their heads in unison.

I take each of their hands and squeeze them.

"Octavia. Raven." The Commander acknowledges.

"There's been a change of plans." This is a shock to me too.

"Instead of returning to our capitol to plan for this war, our timeline has moved up meaning we will be traveling to the village of Ton DC instead, which is closer to the mountain."

"It is a 2-day journey from here and we are leaving early in the morning."

"We will have time to plan on the ride there and once we arrive."

The 3 of us nod and rush away after bowing again respectfully.

I lead them to my tent which has been set up for 2 more cots in the corner to accommodate them.

"Jeez. Sweet place." Raven gasps as she sees the size of my tent.

"Is that the Commander's tent next door? Its huge." Octavia notices.

"Yeah."

"What about the other two?"

"Anya and Indra?"

"Yeah, I think so." Octavia responds.

"Anya? The one who took you and Finn?!" Raven realizes.

"Yes. But don't worry, she's alright. She won't hurt you." I reassure.

"I'm not worried. She should be." Raven growls.

"Calm down. Save your rage for the mountain." I return.

"I need to start working on grenades." She says, turning to several bags I hadn't noticed before she had brought. She removes cases of gunpowder and rocket fuel among other things.

"Please don't blow us up." Octavia begs.

"You owe me more credit." She rings back.

"Whatever. I'm gonna go check this place out." Octavia says, leaving the tent. I watch her in the distance as she approaches the fighting ring that I had discovered several days before. Lexa fights against Indra in the center. She's smiling and enjoying herself. I lean against the post of my tent and watch her fight from a distance.