Chapter 25: Repeat Until Death

It's the next night and we've spent all day discussing the details of Bellamy's mission. All that was left is to make sure he understands, have Raven construct some things, inform the armies, and assign specific roles.

Octavia, Raven, and I wait by the gates of the village, looking out for Bellamy and Finn.

"There! I see them!" Raven says standing up.

Just in time Anya, Indra, Gustus, and the Commander march out in full gear and warpaint.

They ride in on 2 brown horses, looking a bit shaky but generally confident in their riding skills.

"Bell!" Octavia yells, jumping into her brothers' arms.

Finn stands awkwardly, not saying hello to anyone.

"Finn." I speak, addressing his presence.

"Clarke!" He gives an odd smile and attempts to hug me, but I pull back.

He scratches the back of his neck and steps closer to Raven.

Anya takes a step forward in his direction, slightly cutting him off from getting to her.

"Hello?" He asks Anya, annoyed.

She doesn't say anything nor introduce herself, just continues to block his path to Raven.

I'm too focused on Raven's demeanor to notice that Lexa has already introduced herself to both as the Commander.

"Get some rest. You've had a long journey. We'll begin tomorrow." She tells them.

"Thank you, Commander." Bellamy says.

She nods her head, keeping her mask on.

The boys are escorted away by warriors to their tents as the rest of us retire to ours.

------------------------------------

Octavia's POV-

I crawl into bed next to Lincoln, muscles sore from another day of training with Indra. I can feel and see the difference in muscle, and I like who I'm becoming. I bear small scars to remind me of the fights I'd had, and my first tattoo was red and stinging to the touch.

Kill count- 1, for the man I'd killed during the battle at the dropship.

Lincoln pulls me closer to him and I kiss him passionately.

After several minutes his hands graze the waistband of my pants, asking permission to remove them. After I give him consent, he slowly unbuttons my pants and pulls them down to my knees.

Simultaneously, I unzip his pants, feeling his skin on mine as I climb on top of him.

---------------------------------

Anya sits in the Commander's tent, sipping their favorite drinks as they talk.

"Raven." The Commander accuses.

"What?"

"You care for her."

"No. I don't."

"Don't lie to me Anya."

"I'll lie to you when I want to ai Sekon." [...my second.]

"Ai laik Heda." [I am Heda.] Lexa corrects.

"Fine." Anya growls taking a sip from her cup.

"I do. So what?"

Lexa smiles as Anya rolls her eyes.