Chapter 57: Godly

Bellamy's POV-

I pace the floors of the small cell I'm captive to, wondering if anything interesting will come of my day.

Suddenly, the large metal doors swing open, and Chancellor Griffin, Kane, and Octavia appear.

"Bellamy, how are you?" Octavia asks, running to the bars to be close to me.

"I'm alright." I answer wearily.

"We have a lawyer coming to meet with you soon, and we sent word for Clarke to come home." Abby speaks.

"Thank you."

"Do you really think Clarke can help with all this?" Octavia questions.

"I'm not sure how much she can do for the trial, but I know she can help with the rest of this chaos. I just hope she comes before it's too late." Abby says solemnly.

Just then, a young woman strides through the doors. She couldn't have been older than I was, yet she had a sense of maturity and wisdom to her.

She has her eyes locked on mine as she sets a binder down on a nearby chair.

"Bellamy, this is Rachel. She's your lawyer." Octavia introduces.

Arkadia is a decently tight-knit community given the fact that we all traveled to earth and rebuilt our city together.

"We have lawyers down here?" I question with a smile, trying to lighten the dreary mood.

She keeps her expression firm and clears her throat.

"It's a pleasure to represent you." She speaks.

I nod, unused to her professionalism in this environment.

"Thank you." I return.

As if there was a silent queue, Abby, Kane, and Octavia file out of the room, leaving the two of us alone.

Rachel had long dark hair and light brown eyes that sparkled off her glasses.

The door clicks closed and her eyes refocus on mine.

"I need you to tell me exactly what happened in those woods." She commands.

I take a sharp inhale and begin my story.

-----------------------------

Lexa's POV-

My blood is boiling as I march in the opposite direction of Titus. I had just told him I'm leaving with Clarke to go to Arkadia.

Of course, he told me it was a horrible idea, and he was concerned for my safety. Part of me knew he was right, but I had a gut feeling about this. I wanted to go, and no one could stop me.

Along my steadfast march, Anya stops me.

"What is it?" I seethe, staring daggers into her.

She raises her eyebrow at me in a way only she could.

I sigh, relaxing my shoulders as I turn to face her fully.

"I'm sorry, Anya." I sigh.

"Dula op nou moba." [Do not apologize.] She consoles.

I give her a halfhearted smile.

"I heard you are to travel to Arkadia within the day." She asserts.

"Yes. The tensions between our peoples are escalating and Clarke needs to mediate." I respond.

"Let me come with you." She states.

I eye her skeptically.

"This wouldn't have anything to do with the mechanic, does it?" I inquire. I watch as she blushes. I know she's embarrassed.