Chapter 29: You Should Really Run Away

(TW: Sexual Abuse)

I march off into the sunset, my handgun firmly in my left hand. I walk quickly with red in my eyes.

Finally, I make it to the outskirts of the camp. In the distance I see Gustus stalking Octavia from afar.

Octavia has been Indra's second successfully for the past few weeks. She was a well-developed fighter and a determined spirit.

Octavia quietly scoped the dense, dark forest for any sign of danger. What she didn't know was that danger lurked behind her.

Gustus was a tall and broad man with long dark hair. Even with his size, he delicately hid himself from Octavia's alert senses, stalking in the shadows.

He had a bow and arrow tensed and aimed towards the her.

Quietly sneaking up behind him, I pull the safety from my gun and place my finger on the trigger.

I hold the gun to Gustus' head and whisper in his ear.

"Put. It. Down." I order forcefully.

Without turning to me, he rolls his eyes and sighs, dropping his arms and weapon.

----------------------------

Bellamy's POV-

Its late at night and I creep through the marble and stone hallways, careful to stay out of sight.

It reminds me of the Ark in a way. I carefully weave through the sterile hallways, somewhere I don't belong. I never had a chance with my family. I was a criminal since the day I arrived.

I get to the control room for the acid fog and with a click of the lock, my keycard engages and the door pops open.

I immediately enter, confidently walking towards the control panel. Some other guards dressed similarly to me march by, going the opposite direction.

I keep my head low and avoid eye contact letting the men see my hat instead. From my peripheral vision I notice the man closest to me begin to nod towards me as he passes before his eyes fall to my chest where my nametag sits.

It happens in slow motion as I watch his eyes go from numb, to confused, to knowing, to afraid.

Real time comes hurdling back and I grab my gun and knock him out with the butt of it before he can speak or move. The other man turns on his heels to run the other direction, turning his radio on while he does.

"Officer Lovejoy is an intruder. I repeat-." A loud shot sounds in the open room and echoes from the high ceilings.

The man falls to the ground with a grunt and a drop. All is silent again.

I slowly lower the gun from its position and place it back inside my holster. Walking to the body, I take the key card from his side and replace it with the one from officer Lovejoy.

Around me, alarms sound and a monotone voice instructs citizens to retreat to their homes.

-------------------------

"Hey Raven, can I talk to you?" Finn asks, letting himself into Raven's tent.

She eyes him and finally let's go of the air she was holding onto and nods giving him space to sit down on the bed beside her.

He takes a seat and there's an awkward tension in the air.

"Um, I never got to apologize to you for Clarke."

Raven gives him a hardened glare, studying his sincerity.

Her jaw is locked, and her eyes are squinted.