Volunteer work

Enid

I'm volunteering at Pilgrim world. I really REALLY hope Y/n is going to be volunteering there. I like her a lot. She's insanely attractive. We get to Jericho and Wednesday walks over to me.

"Enid."

I turn.

"Switch with me." She says.

"Ugh no you're in Uriah's Heap. That's not a fair traid." I say.

"Y/n is volunteering in Uriah's Heap. Thing sneaked a peak at her slip." Wednesday says.

My eyes widen.

"Unless you're not interested-"

"No no!"

I grab it and shove mine into her hand.

"Thank you! Thank you thank you!"

I almost run into Uriah's Heap. When i get in there, Y/n pokes her head around a shelf.

"Hey Enid! Hey come check this out!" Y/n exclaims.

She likes this place? I walk over. She's intrigued by.... dead ferrets.

"One of them looks like my ferret." She says.

"Except it's actually dead and filled with cotton." I say.

"Yeah but... nevermind." She says, sounding defeated.

"Shit no i mean it's just.... yours is better because it's alive." I say.

She smiles a little.

"And because it's yours. And... y'know.. you're..."

I've gone and done it now.

"Well hello!"

We turn. Thank god. We get set off working on brushing the dead animals. I stand and watch Y/n. She's, as we like to nickname, a fang. Which means a Vampire. She coughs a little and continues brushing. Then she looks at me. We make eye contact. I panic and look away. She walks over.

"Oo hamsters." She says.

I look at her. She is stood directly next to me. One of our hands are touching slightly. She's looking at one of the hamsters.

"I used to have a hamster. Like this one. He died a few years ago but i fed him to my dog when he died." Y/n says.

I raise my eyebrows. She looks at me.

"Sorry was that something you didn't need to know?" She asks.

She has troubles understanding people. She struggles with social cues and will literally talk about anything possible.

"It's okay. You can tell me more about your past pets if you want." I say.

Her eyes seem to light up. She's always pleased by the littlest of things. She's cute. Really cute to be honest.

"Well i had 3 cats at the same time when i was 8 and all 3 died within 4 days of each other which was devastating. But then my mum got me a fish. Which lasted almost 2 years until he died. Which was my mum's fault for cleaning out the stones with soap. Then we got a hamster. One that looked like this one-"

She goes through about 95 families worth of pets. I mean her family can afford it because not only is she an only child, they have very VERY high paying jobs.

She just keeps going until she gets to her pet ferret, moon.

"-and then there's my ferret. The one in my dorm that you saw." Y/n says.

"That's a lot of pets. Maybe after we're done here, we could go take your ferret on a walk.... together." I suggest.

"Yeah she does need walking today. I need to get more food for her." Y/n says.

"Oh i was also thinking about sneaking out back of the greenhouse later if you wanna come." I say.

"Isn't that where people go to makeout?" Y/n asks.

"Y/n, I've been flirting with you all morning how have you been completely oblivious to it?! I want you to ask me on a date!"

She smiles slightly.

"I'm so sorry. I'm a very very oblivious person. If you want me to do something you're better off just telling me." Y/n says.

"I know you're oblivious." I say.

"Well, will you go on a date with me to the greenhouse?" Y/n asks.

I feel myself going red. I smile.

"Yes. Yes i will." I say.

She smiles. We spend the whole day just cleaning in Uriah's Heap together. We did walk her ferret together and we met up at the Greenhouse. We kissed. It was amazing.

Thoughts? I was rewatching Wednesday last night. Happy New Year you lil fucks. Have a good one!! Byeeee :)