Jealousy plan

Your POV

I have an insane crush on my best friend Enid. Worst thing i have ever experienced in my life. I hate it. Enid is hung up on her ex, Ajax. She's ranting about him right now. Well, more crying and laying on my stomach asking why he didn't want to be with her anymore.

"Okay. Okay. Sit up."

She sits up and looks at me with that look on her face everytime she thinks I'm angry with her.

"I'm fed up of seeing you like this." I say.

This idea is gunna haunt me for the rest of my life.

"You need to rebound. Even for a few weeks." I say.

I'm saying this cos i hope she rebounds on me. I hate the idea of rebound relationships. They're actually horrible.

Enid wipes her eyes and sniffles. She nods.

"Yeah. You're right. But who would i rebound?" Enid asks.

Yeah I'm definitely gunna regret this.

"Me?" I suggest, shrugging a little.

I notice the cogs turning.

"Wait! I have a better idea! I could make him jealous by pretending to date you." Enid says.

Oh ow.

"Yeah! Cos then he'll get protective and take me back! Aaa Y/n!!"

She hugs me and kisses my cheek.

"You're a genius! Y/n i love you!"

She pulls back from the hug.

"I'll meet you at my dorm tomorrow at 8:30. Dont be late. We gotta run through our plan. Make everybody believe it." Enid says.

I nod. She leaves. I sigh and lay down.

"Why did i do this?" I mumble to myself.

It's the next morning. There's harsh banging on my door.

"Y/n! Open the door!"

I look at my phone. It's 10am. Shit. I get out of bed and open the door. It's Enid, obviously.

"My god, Y/n! Have you only just woke up?!" Enid exclaims.

"Yeah. I didn't get to sleep until like 4am." I say.

Her facial expression softens.

"Oh. Why?" She asks.

"Just overthinkng. Anyways. Come in. I'm gunna shower real quick and get dressed."

I do that and sit on my bed next to Enid. We run through the whole plan. Hold hands all the time, kiss a lot, cuddle around our friends. Disappear for half an hour at a time to make them think we're doing the deed. Literally what she said. In her words.

We go into The Quad together. Enid grabs my hand when we reach the doors.

"Play along." She whispers.

"I know." I say.

I hold her hand back and we walk over to the table that has Davina, Yoko, Wednesday and Bianca sat at it. Yoko looks at us and then our hands. We sit at the table. Enid puts our hands on the table.

This goes on for months. 6 months. I'm done with it now. We dont do any of this away from people. It was fine for the first 2 weeks but it just hasn't stopped hurting since.

I'm layed in my bed. Just staring at the wall. The door opens. I look at who it is. It's Enid. I sigh and lay back down.

Enid flops down next to me.