Enemies to Lovers

Enid's POV

She absolutely hates me. But i dont know why. I just sit staring at her. It's late. 9pm. Tuesday night. She's on my mind. Destroying my other thoughts.

I need a walk.

"I'm going to take a walk." I say.

"Stay safe." Weds says.

It went from Weds hating me to Y/n. And i could handle Weds hating ne because, deep down, she never has. But Y/n has always hated me. Just more in secret.

And i spend my days wondering what i did to deserve to be hated the way she hates me.

I find myself outside her dorm. Itching to knock on the door. But i know, if she answers, she'll slam it on my face. But just a look at her face would get me through the night.

So i knock.

Knock.

Silence.

Knock.

There's some shuffling.

Knock.

"Who is it?!"

I remain silent. If i say it's me, she wont open the door. So i just knock again.

Knock.

She sighs and comes to the door.

Knock.

"Who. Is. It?"

"I-it's Enid." I say.

I notice the door handle move a little. I stand looking at it. It's moving. She's going to open the door. The door opens.

I'm now standing face to face with Y/n.

"What do you want?" She asks.

Your eyes. Glaring holes into my face, almost reading my every thought.

"If you're just gunna stand and stare, then go away." Y/n says.

She starts closing the door.

"N-no i..."

She opens the door again, raising her eyebrows as she opens it fully.

"What then?" Y/n asks.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I ask.

"We're not having this conversation. You're lucky i even opened the door. I have 5 days of work to finish off tonight." Y/n says.

I stay silent.

"Now if you'll excuse me." Y/n says.

We lock eyes.

What I'd give to have them staring through my own. Every single day.

"I have work to do."

She closes the door. I step back from the door and take a deep breath. After taking a few minutes, i go back to my dorm. When i get there, Weds looks at me.

"The more you keep going back to her dorm, the more you're going to get your heart broken." She says.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I push out a deep sigh and fall asleep.

The next morning, i wake up to Weds waking me up.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"7:30. Like usual." Weds says.

I nod and check my phone. I see a message from an unknown number. A link to a song on Spotify.

"Weird."

I click the link and it starts playing 'I Wanna Be Yours' by Arctic Monkeys. I frown and keep it playing while i try to figure out the number.

"Weds."

"What?"

"Do you know this number?" I ask.

I show her the number. She shakes her head.

"No. A random unknown number sends you a link to a song on spotify and your immediate instinct is to click the link? It could have been a virus." Weds says.

"Dont scold me, Weds." I say.

I turn the song off and get ready. A few hours pass and I'm sat in Miss Thornhill's class. Next to Y/n.

Maybe it was Y/n.

"Did you send me a link on my number this morning?" I ask.

I look at her face. There's a slight look that i dont recognize.

"I dont have your number, Enid. I don't have the number of people i dont like. That's stupid." Y/n says.

Okay that stung.

"Okay. You don't have to be mean about it. You could've just said no and moved on." I say.

Months pass. Y/n hates me no less. Probably more at this point. So, i will admit, I'm beaten down. So, I'm out in the woods on my own. While I'm sat down, i hear twigs snapping. I turn and see this massive monster. I slowly back away.

"Shit. Fuck... fuck."

While I'm backing away, i stand up slowly. The monster inching closer. It backs me against a tree and growls in my face. I haven't wolfed out yet so I'm dead.

The monster brandishes it's teeth and just as i think it's going to chow down on me, a blur flashes across my face. I look to my right and see the monster sliding across the floor.

I look at the person in front of me. It's... Y/n...

She fights off the monster and it runs off into the woods. Y/n turns to me.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asks.

"I'm fine."

She stands in front of me. I've been getting mixed signals from Y/n lately. I don't know whats going on.

"Did it hurt you?" Y/n asks.

"No. You saved me. Cos I'm some damsel in goddamn distress." I say.

"I was just asking if you were alright. I've never ever called you a damsel in distress. You're a fucking wolf. You can fight your own damn battles. So I'll let you do that in the future." Y/n says.

"Yeah you fucking should do. Get away from me." I say.

"The fuck is wrong with you?" Y/n asks.

"You! You're sending a million mixed signals! I can't tell if you fucking hate me or not! One minute you're sending me 'I wanna be yours' on Spotify! And the next you're ignoring me! THEN YOU DO THIS!" I yell.

Everybody has a breaking point. I have reached mine. Oh yeah i figured out that it was Y/n. I push her away from me.

"So make your goddamn mind up!" I yell.

I push her again, because she's literally in my way, and she trips over a twig behind her. She lays on the floor, staring at me. I walk away.

While I'm walking, i hear Y/n running after me. I turn to her. She stands in front of me.

"What? What more could you want?!"

She kisses me, grabbing my waist. I kiss back, grabbing her face. I can feel all of the tension slipping away as she pulls me closer. She pins me to a tree and moves me that bit closer, pulling me by my waist. She pulls back.

"Don't stop." I say, pulling her back in.

She kisses back.
______

We walk back to Nevermore together. Silence filling the air around us. When we get there, Y/n pulls me to the side.

"Tomorrow, meet me at The Weathervane." She says.

I nod.

She walks off and i go back to my dorm. I lay in bed and smile, staring at the ceiling while i fall asleep.

Thoughts? Slowly beginning to like I wanna be yours. Only slowly tho cos fuck arctic monkeys. Byeee :)