Family weekend part 2

Enid's POV

It's Y/n's birthday tomorrow. We're both so excited. I'm excited for Y/n cos she gets to feel that feeling. The, actually incredibly intense feeling, you feel as a wolf when you meet your mate after you turn 17.

"How excited are you on a scale of 1-10?" I ask.

"About 500. I'm literally so excited. It's gunna be so strange. To be honest though i feel like i might genuinely hate it." Y/n says.

"Trust me, with the place we're in right now, you'll love it." I say.

Your POV

It's the morning of my 17th birthday. This is it. Me and Enid wake up and sit up in her bed. We look at each other and... nothing... am i supposed to feel something here?

"So? Anything?" Enid asks.

"I'm supposed to feel something here?" I ask.

"..maybe not here. Wait what about where we first met? That might do something." Enid says.

We both get dressed, brush our teeth and then head out. We go to the halls and nothing. We spend all day trying to get me to feel that thing Enid says I'm supposed to feel and by the end of it, we're both slightly disheartened.

"We gotta keep trying." I say.

"No point. If you're not getting that feeling then I'm not yours. Clearly i went wrong in my assumptions." Enid says.

We both lay down in my bed and cuddle. When Enid lays across my body, i feel this... almost shoot of electricity in me.

I jolt up. Enid sits up.

"What? What is it? Are you okay?" She asks.

I look at her and i feel it again. Almost differently this time though. Like... i dunno. It's weird. But i can feel it in my chest. I feel like I've been sucker punched in my lungs. I can't breathe properly. My entire body feels tingly.

If this is it, this is NOT how anybody described it to me.

"Y/n you're freaking me out. What's wrong?" She asks.

"I-I think i just felt it." I say.

I can see the look in her eyes. They lighten up. Incredibly.

"What did it feel like?" Enid asks.

"My entire body is tingly. I feel like I've been sucker punched in the ribs. I can't breathe properly. I got a shoot of electricity when you layed almost across me." I say.

"That was it. Thank god." Enid says.

"Yeah I'm relieved but also, you lied to me. You did NOT describe it like that." I say.

"It's different for everyone. Different things happen. The same thing is the electricity thing. That's the same for everyone. Weirdly enough." Enid says.

"Okay. Fair enough. That's really weird though. In my bed? While we cuddle?" I ask.

"We had our first kiss on your bed. Like i say, it's different for everyone." Enid says.

I get a realisation.

"No it's cos the first time we cuddled was when you got your heartbroken by Ajax. And that's when i realised i had a crush on you." I say.

"Aw Y/n. You never told me." Enid says.

"That's cos i was ever so slightly embarrassed that i caught feelings just after you'd been broken up with." I say.

She smiles. We lay back down and cuddle. I feel it again. This time it doesn't go. It's weird. Cos it's almost like that feeling you get when you get butterflies but it's a bit more painful, truth be told.

Anyways.

It became a regular thing that i got used to and we stayed together forever. All happy endings here.

Thoughts? Byee :)