Addressing the rumours

Your POV

I'm layed in the bed of the last minute apartment i bought a month ago. Me and Emma broke up. We've both agreed that we should stay friends for the sake of both of our mental health. I haven't thought about it at all. I haven't had the chance to cry about it because I've had a movie to finish working on.

3 weeks pass and I've finally finished the movie. I'm at the opening night at the Theatre. We haven't made it public yet so I'm going to have to lie.

I'm getting an interview as we speak.

"Y/n! The film is finally here! Finished and polished and we are sooooo excited to watch it! Did you have fun filming the movie?"

"I did! The last 2 months were tough for personal reasons but i had the most fun in my entire life. It was hard to finish it off because of the fact that we've been working on it for about 2 years now but I've made the best friends ever while filming this movie so I'm glad for that." I say.

"That's brilliant. I had half expected your girlfriend Emma Myers to be here with you tonight for the opening night. Is she coming?"

My heart tightens in my chest. Force a smile. Which i do.

"Oh Emma's at home. She really wanted to be here tonight but she was throwing up for 3 hours before we were supposed to be getting ready so i said she should just stay home. But she did really want to be here tonight." I say.

"Awe bless her."

The night ends and i get home to my little apartment. I sigh and go to sleep. I wake up to a phone call at 9am the next morning. It's Emma.

I take a deep breath and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey.. i-uhm... i saw the interview from last night. The last minute lie was brilliant. But you shouldn't have to do that. I think we should address the situation. There's been crazy rumours for 2 months about us." Emma says.

"How do we do that?" I ask.

"Come over to our..... my house... and we can.. i dunno, go live and talk about it." Emma says.

"Okay.. when do you wanna do it?" I ask.

"Today? Maybe 2 hours? Give us both time to prepare?" Emma suggests.

2 hours pass and I'm back at the house we made so many memories together in. She still has the picture frames up. With our pictures in. We sit down on the floor in front of her sofa. She gets the live started and after 10 minutes, we finally start to talk about it.

This is where i break the fuck down.

"So, it's been a while. Almost 3 months since we were last seen about together. So we wanted to talk about it and address the ever-growing rumours surrounding this." Emma says.

She looks at me. I nod and take a deep breath.

"So cutting to the chase so we can explain it better and in more detail, me and Emma... we broke up." I say.

I put my tongue to the side of my mouth and let my head fall back. I push out a deep breath. I clear my throat. Emma puts her hand on my shoulder and rubs.

I clear my eyes and lift my head back up.

"Sorry. I haven't had a lot of time to process the situation because of the movie and this is the first time I'm gunna be talking about it. So... yeah. Me and Emma broke up 2 months ago. We.... aaaa." I groan.

Tears fall down my face.

"Fuck! I need to talk about this." I say, laughing a bit.

"It's okay. Take your time." Emma says.

I look at the live comments flying in. Stuff like:

'Nooo i cant believe they broke up!'
'My perception on love is ruined!'
'Seeing y/n upset is soul destroying :('
'I cant believe they broke up'

It's hard.

"Sorry. I haven't talked about it or cried about it yet." I say.

"It's okay. I can talk about it for a while just to give you some time, yeah?" Emma suggests.

"No i can do it. Sorry. Yeah so uh.. we split up. We broke up because we both wanted different things for our lifes in this moment. I didn't see marriage in the first 3-4 years of the relationship. Emma wanted to get married within the first 3-4 years. Different expectations and it pushed us apart. There are absolutely no hard feelings towards one another. At all. We still love one another quite a lot but we just felt that maybe this relationship wasn't the best thing for the both of us with each other." I say.

"Absolutely no hard feelings. I do still love Y/n very much but we both want different things right now and know that it wouldn't be fair for the both of us if we both stayed together knowing we wanted different things." Emma says.

I nod.

I notice a comment calling Emma heartless because she isn't crying.

"Now I'm not gunna sit here and let people call Emma heartless. At all. We've both handled thid differently. Emma has already had her time to process it. I have spent 2 months focussed on my movie and haven't had time to think about it. Don't anybody dare call her heartless." I say.

We wrap up the live. When we're finished, i just sit there and burry my head into my hands. Emma hugs me.

"I'm so sorry." I say.

"Hey no it isn't your fault. Maybe we'll want the same thing for each other in the future but right now, this relationship just isn't the right thing for us both." Emma says.

I just cry. Emma comforts me. She pulls me into a hug and rubs my back while i just cry. She eventually calms me down. I end up spending the night in our.... her house on the sofa.

We're gunna remain friends so hopefully things get better.

Thoughts? Byee :)