32| Pt. 2- Capturing a Stray Mera; Realizing the Truth

Part two of 'Shipwrecked'

3rd Person POV

Upon wasting all their energy in their hunt for supplies, the stranded high schoolers soon began to calm down. One by one they sat around the fire started by Kuboyasu as the sun started to set. The sky was a dark violet purple when every single person there had exhausted themselves and had given up on their hunt for food. As they sat around the fire, they shared their finds with each other, unable to hide faces of disappointment.

"Who knows how long it'll be until someone finds us." Teruhashi sat on a large leaf found nearby, rubbing her arms at the cold breeze that was blew across the island.. 

The other's had no energy to reply to her, attempting to warm themselves up by rubbing their hands against their arms. Kusuo couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt at the sight, especially with the knowledge that no one would ever find them on this extremely remote island no matter how hard they tried, and thus kept his usual quiet behavior. Off to the side, (Y/N)'s teeth chattered as she looked to be in deep thought. 

Kuboyasu sighed and stood up. "Everyone should get some rest. I'll stay up and keep an out for any ships that might pass by."

Everyone nodded and voiced their agreement, saying it was such good thinking on his part. And so, they all went in search of giant leaves like the one Teruhashi was sitting on and planned to use them as blankets. As they all stood up and walked to the palm trees farther away, Kusuo approached Aren and offered to stay on night watch instead. As Aren agreed, Kusuo noticed (Y/N) staring at them through the side of her eye. She quickly turned away when Kusuo turned to face her and said nothing. 

As the last person finally drifted to sleep (Saiko, who had been refusing to sleep on a leaf and especially anywhere near Nendou, who reeked), Kusuo finally got the chance to use his telepathic powers to search the sea for canned food and supplies that may be of use. He did his best to make it look as if they all suddenly drifted on to shore, but Teruhashi would likely be convinced that it was God's doing so he wasn't worried much. With the remainder of the night, he began formulating a plan to get them all back to Japan without revealing his powers. 

The next morning, thanks to Kusuo warming their bodies, they didn't die of hypothermia and woke up soundly. Well, most of them anyway.

"We're going to die....there's no hope...this is it guys....the rest of our lives...here...FOREVER!"

Everyone gave Kaidou concerned looks before resuming with the fire and cooking some canned beans that had been 'washed up shore'. They were definitely convinced God loved Teruhashi, and for once, they were grateful. Everyone had a piece of bread and a spoonful of beans. Well, almost everyone. Kuboyasu and Teruhashi approached Saiko, who was sitting on a tall rock and gazing at the endless sea, his stomach obviously growling. 

"Saiko, here's a piece of bread for you. We have beans too." Out of the kindness and compassion of his heart, Kuboyasu offered Saiko his bread.

Either for his pride or some other reason, Saiko flatly refused, and proceeded to insult Kuboyasu on top of that.

"Hah, you think I'll eat your measly peasant food?! Don't you realize my status? My tongue is much more refined and cultured than yours, you pleb!" 

Not bothering to hear another word, Kuboyasu and Teruhashi turned and left, leaving an arrogant Saiko to ramble on about their difference in status and wealth and whatnot.

As they returned, (Y/N) looked up from the fire to see Kuboyasu angrily biting his bread. She tilted her head. "No luck?"

He shook his head and grumbled something about 'pride' and 'stupid Saiko'. (Y/N) chuckled and continued setting out the fire as he had taught her. A couple hours later, a worried Yumehara emerged from the forest.