7|Apologies from a Perv and Exams

(Y/N) P.O.V.

For some unknown reason I was at Saiki's home when Teruhashi's brother mysteriously appeared at their doorway, radiating god's rays of light like the Teruhashi he was.

I had gone to the bathroom to you know, do my business, so I wasn't aware that another visitor had dropped by and was completely clueless about the one-sided conversation going on in that room.

Just as I was about to slide open the door I heard, "Stay away from my sister you piece of filth."

Making a 180° degree turn I thought, 'Nope' and was about to walk away when guilt overcame me.

Turning back again I thought, 'Maybe there's a better way of stopping this conversation...'
So I turned yet again and headed for the kitchen, slightly dizzy.

3rd Person P.O.V.

'Wow, I already knew you felt this way but I didn't expect you to say it to my face. I'll admit, this stings' The psychic thought as the beautiful but ugly mortal infront of him continued.

"You're just a fly hovering over poop," he glared at Saiki.

'Wait, is Teruhashi the poop in this metaphor?' The pink-haired boy raised his brow at the poorly used metaphor.

"Do you really think you have a chance? You're like the hyenas attracted to a dead zebra's corpse in the savanna. You probably stare at her during class and greet her in the hallway, thinking that'll be enough to court her!"

'Why so many direct insults?'

"Kokomi is no normal girl. She's a masterpiece painted by God Himself!" Bringing his thumb up to point to himself, the Teruhashi said, "The only man suitable for her, is her brother!"

As a silence overwhelmed the room, a certain (h/c) haired girl walked in holding a tray with tea.

But Makoto continued, ignoring her presence.

As (Y/N) sat down next to Saiki with a dull and monotone expression, she thought, 'I guess I'm just not noticeable anymore...'

Saiki tried his hardest not to crack a smile as Makoto continued with insults towards Saiki.

'Does the title say 'Apologies?' Yeah, you need to change that to 'Threats', Kuruma.' A certain psychic tried lecturing me.

Makoto gave a last,  "Don't get near my future wife. Don't touch her, don't look at her, and don't even breathe the same air as her,'' and as he stood up the door slid open revealing a panicked Teruhashi .

''What are you doing here?" She asked her brother as she noticed (Y/N) sitting next to Saiki.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

'Why am I here again?'

I blew on my tea as Teruhashi yelled at her big brother, saying how much she hates him, and slammed the door, leaving a now white/dead Makoto Teruhashi with us.

'Don't leave him here,' both Saiki and I thought as we took a sip of tea in unison.

~At school~

"You have 50 minutes! Ready, start!"

The teacher announced while starting the timer, and I immediately scribbled in the answer I had in my mind for the first question.

Unlike Kaidou who procrastinated last night and Nendou who didn't study at all, I paid attention all year so I just reviewed my notes last night.

I was so proud of myself for paying attention this year. Maybe it was due to my lack of friends?

'No, maybe it's due to my earlier grades...' I recalled back on my embarrassing grades from elementary and answered the fourth question, cringing at the, 'Show your work.'
'Isn't this supposed to be chemistry class?'

I made sure to take my time, making sure to not overlook a single word on any of the exams.

-

After the first few exams, I stood up to stretch and walked near Saiki, Hairo, Kaidou, and Nendou.

"Hey (Y/N)! How do you think you did?" Hairo was the first to speak up.

I looked at nothing in particular with a blank face and thought for a moment before saying, "I'm not really sure.''

You know that feeling of doubt that something could go wrong any moment even though you know you did completely well? Yeah, I get that a lot.

Worry starting overwhelming me as they continued to talk about the answers they got.

'What if I missed a word, or messed up the formula and failed the whole problem? What if my parents find out I got a bad grade?!'

Going into a panicked and definitely a NOT ok state, Kaidou had the nerve to ask,
"Hey (Y/N), you ok?"
I slowly turned my head towards him, and with a forced close-eyed smile, I replied "I'm fine."

Looking worried he said, "Ok..." and turned to watch Nendou get scolded by the teacher for failing so many tests in the past.

"Nendou, if you fail three more tests you're going to be held back!" was the teacher's last words as he slammed the door shut.

After all the classes were over I quickly rushed out of the class to look at the results, nearly being the first to get there.

Starting from the bottom and making my way up to the top, my eyes darted back and forth, looking for '(Y/N) (L/N)' and finally, found it.

'3rd best ranking?!'

Achievement unlocked- Dissapointed parents

 I was personally relieved I had placed in the top three, but  knowing my mom would think otherwise made me internally panic.

'She'll kill me! Then she'll probably burn my body and throw my ashes in the trash!'

Saiki P.O.V.

'Calm down (Y/N), it's not the end of the world'.

I thought as her thoughts rang in my head, 'It's the end of the world for me...'

I raised my brow and continued to listen to her thoughts, along with every other person within a 200-meter radius of me.

'Even if I miraculously survive, I won't get a job, I'll drop out of high school and I'll be living in the streets.'

I sighed, seeing how stressed out (Y/N) was. I was starting to get stressed out too as I looked at the ranking I got. 

'90th place, out of 181 students...Stop trying to make me look like a fool (Y/N)...'

But I didn't care because that was the exact ranking I wanted.

Unlike Hairo who got a higher score than he expected, Kaidou who got a lower score than he expected, and Nendou getting an average score which might have been the end of the world if I didn't know it was his father's ghost that helped him, I was satisfied with mine.

After all, I'm just a psychic trying to lead an ordinary life.